Lethal weapon 5

Glover hinted that the prospective project could be developed within a "political framework" that gives the team space to "attempt to confront the issue head-on," as he appeared to reference the recent impact of widespread protests against racism and police brutality.

It wouldn't have to revolve around running and shootouts really. And films do not actually have to have messages. Certainly not beating the audience over the head with said message.

Instead of trying to change the world with a movie, make a fun movie people can watch to escape the current virus infected poop-hole world, to paraphrase the orange man in the white house :lol: (I'm saying this as a Swede, an outsider with no political affiliation).

These two fellows just have a great chemistry together.

Make films that are more like roller coasters and less like political rallies.

The first Lethal Weapon came out in 1987. Riggs and Murtaugh were LAPD detectives, with Murtaugh recently celebrating his 50th birthday party.

So we are now thirty three years since the first.

So Murtaugh would be 83. LAPD doesn’t have a “mandatory” retirement age, but it seems any service after 65 has to be approved by the department.

Why exactly are they even trying this?

The only Lethal Weapon 5 I needed was the one made in Philadelphia.....

1ed4107430015981cdd6e28b2614b42e07839c57.jpg

The first Lethal Weapon came out in 1987. Riggs and Murtaugh were LAPD detectives, with Murtaugh recently celebrating his 50th birthday party.

So we are now thirty three years since the first.

So Murtaugh would be 83. LAPD doesn’t have a “mandatory” retirement age, but it seems any service after 65 has to be approved by the department.

Why exactly are they even trying this?
They'll be retired it'll be one of two things i'd imagine:

1. They'll finally get a breakthrough on the case they never solved (that we never heard of in the prior 4 either)
2. His son-in-law, daughter, or one of his other kids will need saving and those two will have to come out of retirement to save them.

They'll be retired it'll be one of two things i'd imagine:

1. They'll finally get a breakthrough on the case they never solved (that we never heard of in the prior 4 either)
2. His son-in-law, daughter, or one of his other kids will need saving and those two will have to come out of retirement to save them.

I’m assuming it’s going to be something bringing them out of retirement...which is just awful.

Given option 2, if Murtaugh is in his mid-80s...which would be the case as long as this comes out sometime in the next three years...then his kids would be like 50. I’ll have a hard time accepting an 85 year old out to “save” his 50 year old “child.”

Heck, by this point even his grandchildren would be at an age where I’d kind of feel like “Well, if they were dumb enough to get themselves in this predicament, they got what they deserved.”

I just feel like this movie doesn’t need to exist at all, unless they wanted to drop the “5” and just do a reboot.

Who said it would "have to be" about them coming out of retirement or doing big over the top CG action scenes?

"I'm too old for this sh!7"

Besides, this is Lethal Weapon. They wouldn't even have to leave the toilet for action.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back