Interest Legend of Zelda - Twilight Mirror

AdamHunter

Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask were some of my favorite Zelda games. I always loved how dark they were in comparison to some of the others and I've recently been dedicating a chunk of my time to re-creating some of my favorite items from these installments. The first venture was to re-create the Twilight Mirror from the finale of Twilight Princess. I was disappointed with the replicas I found on Etsy and similar sites, as they mostly consisted of smaller acrylic mirrors with laser engraving. I wanted to make a mirror that was not only bigger, but was also a real glass mirror for the sake of authenticity.

I've been sandblasting glass for a few years now so I felt confident that I could pull something like this off. The mirror I found for these measures 14" in diameter, and is masked and sandblasted by hand to achieve the look I wanted. After making the first sample, I found a supply of aged finish mirrors that look like old mercury glass, and made a second 'option' sample mirror using this as a base. It gives the mirror an ancient kind of feel, but the texture on the back makes the contrast between the etched and non-etched areas a little softer at a glance. They both came out really well and I'm super excited to share them.

I took the whole thing a step further and cut a vinyl graphic to lay on the wall as a back-drop to mimic the Twilight portal!

Right now I'm just trying to gauge interest on these to see if anyone else would like one. I'm still perfecting the vector graphic used for the mask, so they aren't ready for production but probably will be heading that way in the next month or so. I'd also be open to making more backdrop wall graphics if you're interested in a set! Judging by the time involved to make one, we would probably fall in to the $100 range for either mirror

Clean Mirror Detail.jpg
Aged Mirror Detail.JPG
Clean Mirror.JPG
Aged Mirror.jpg
Side by side.jpg
Complete Wall.jpg

Last edited:
This came out really beautiful. I wouldn't be looking for one, but I think it looks so pretty that I wanted congratulate you anyway.

I find that Twilight Princess didn't age as well as most other Zeldas, but its sense of design and that darker tone you mention are on par with the strongest qualities from the others.

This came out really beautiful. I wouldn't be looking for one, but I think it looks so pretty that I wanted congratulate you anyway.

I find that Twilight Princess didn't age as well as most other Zeldas, but its sense of design and that darker tone you mention are on par with the strongest qualities from the others.

Thanks so much for the compliment! That means a lot.

I haven't re-played twilight princess since I was much younger, and I'm sure it exists in my memory in a cloud of nostalgia. Still I really enjoyed it when I played it, and the desire to have a mirror like this stayed with me all that time.

Thanks again!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back