led/resistors best place to purchase online?

youngwm

Anyone want to share a good site to purchase Led's on-line? I would like to purchase led's and some matching resitors 10 to 15 and a good price. I have searched ebay and the web, maybe on ebay I'm not typing in the search for correctly cause I get led's for a range of things for home and auto's but I'm looking for model stuff of course.

I have bought some from one sight on line that includes the resitor pre-wired but cost around 4 bucks an led. I think I want to try to wire my own.

I'm sure there is some sites that are on the cheap even bulk if I got to buy that way..

Thanks!

It really depends on the type of LEDs you want. Depending on what I want, I use the following:

- Superbrightleds.com (5050 SMDs, 3mm, 5mm, etc).
- LEDSupply.com for high-power (1watt to 10watt - depending).
- Dealextreme.com (China) for some LEDs as they usually have really good prices, it just takes a while shipping wise. (Cree, SSC, etc). I have purchased a lot of LEDs from them. They don't usually carry colored LEDs so use the Custom saber shop.
-The Custom Saber Shop for high-power LEDs and other prop related items.

As for resistors, you can usually get those at Radio Shack or electronic components shops online. There are some good online LED/resistor calculators (LED calculator for single LEDs) that you can use to determine the proper resistors needed.

As for soldering, get a good quality soldering iron, some solding flux/paste, and solder. Practice tinning the wires and soldering components. It takes practice but you can do it. Heat shrink your wire solder connections.

Soldering Kit

mouser.com supplies them at a rather decent price. But for resistors, I would just use eBay.....I got a little over 1200 for $9 there lol

Thanks, I did make a purchase through super bright Leds, although the smallest they sale is 3mm. I hope these will fit in the tydirium wings the MPC kit I found at a used toy shop last weekend for $18.00 I am really excited to work this kit. If they don't fit the I see some of the other suggested sites sale 1.8 led's and I am far from lighting..

Thanks everyone for all the links.

Mike

I buy everything on eBay, it is way cheaper than all those shops. Try not to type in too much, if you need 3mm white leds just type in 3mm white led, if you need resistors just type in (xx)ohm resistor (with (xx) being the value of your resistor).

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back