Lawgiver base gun?

Bobster

Hi,

It seems that the LawgiverÂ’s base gun is a Berretta. Is that true and if so what type is it? I also understand there were working guns and they were made non functional when they were sold to the public. Can anyone describe the different versions of the Lawgiver?

Regards,

Bobby

<div class='quotetop'>(Bobster @ Jul 13 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]1279958[/snapback]</div>
Can anyone describe the different versions of the Lawgiver?[/b]

Lots of different versions of the lawgiver were used in Judge Dredd.

As far as I understand it the firing version, with the Beretta inside, didn't have space for the electronics for the lights so there were non-firing light-up versions. Some of these may have been sided, i.e. only worked on one side.

There were also at least two different types of static lawgiver. I have a hollow plastic version with a metal barrel and plastic inserts which looks pretty good close-up.

lawgive2.jpg

I also have a fibreglass 'stunt' version which is much rougher and doesn't have a metal barrel.

lawgiver_repaired2.jpg

There may also have been a latex stunt version.

The main replica lawgiver is said to have been based on Hershey's firing original because it has allen key heads on either side of the grip, but they don't match the Stallone firing original I've seen so it might be that the Hershey casts are actually from a light-up working version rather than one with a Beretta inside.

The Dlask gun is a replica based on a Beretta 92.

Cheers,

Wake

In the opening scene, when Dredd fires his LawGiver, the LEDs on the side aren't properly rotoscoped, and jiggle around the side of his gun. As far as I can tell, no firing version had working LEDs in any capacity, or else they would have used such a Hero for the shot, given it's close-up and screen time

However, I'm sure it'd be easy enough to rig up nowadays without much worry

The base gun used in the Lawgivers was the Beretta 92.
I own one of the original firing lawgivers.
The most noticable change is the different barrel that contains the plug that allows firing with blank rounds.
Mine was one of the three firing guns..or so I've been told..
Most of the different Lawgivers served different purposes..
Some were lighted static models, some had flashing lights,some were just solid and some were made of rubber for use in stunts.
Some were built up to look good in stills.

my bad. I had always been told the 93r was used and since it fits perfectly into the hero body I never doubted it. I just looked in the book and sure enough it says they couldnt find the automatic firing version (93r). They dont say which they used but obviously its a 92. Funny how the trigger guard lines up perfectly with a 93 though.

Wow guys, I apreciate all the good information and links. Do the firing versions fire multiple shots or are they single shots? (i.e. do the slides move?)

Regards,

Bobby

I haven't fired mine since I received it.
Too valuable of a prop to go around shooting it off.
I have examined mine really close nd I do have the know how..
I'm sure I could get to fire once again.

Remember that the barrel is blocked off to only allow the blank rounds to be used..

The rounds used were 9mm Magnum blanks..crimped.
I don't think that it will fire multi times..
Single pull single fire..

<div class='quotetop'>(Bobster @ Jul 13 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1280238[/snapback]</div>
Wow guys, I apreciate all the good information and links. Do the firing versions fire multiple shots or are they single shots? (i.e. do the slides move?)

Regards,

Bobby
[/b]

One of the firing versions used a Beretta 92 with a repeater drop-in unit, so yes, at least one one fired multiple shots. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Rogue187 @ Jul 13 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1280203[/snapback]</div>
Mine was one of the three firing guns..or so I've been told..
[/b]

I have heard that there were 4 blank fire hero guns (from one of the other owners).

Cheers,

Wake

Wake,
If this is one of the four firing Lawgivers..
How many of the firing Lawgivers still remain in private collections.
I read that some were converted for other movies.
Blade, Underworld..

I'm still trying to find out exactly how many in the Lawgiver configuration still remain in private hands..?

I know mine is one of those limited numbers..

Larry

Here are a few pics of the hero firing blasters, that I probably got from this forum at some time.

dredd4%20hero.jpg

dredd5%20hero.jpg

dredd6%20hero.jpg

dredd7%20hero.jpg

Hope this helps. :D

EDIT: Almost forgot one.

dreddclip.jpg

The photos posted above are from the Prop Store of London..
They also are photos of the Lawgiver I own.
I purchased the one from them..
It also has a clear holster that Stallone used.

mans since i saw this gun ive allways wanted a replica or something close to it love your lawgivers guys.

man did anyone make any resin kits of this gun to modify an airsoft ?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back