Large Scale USS Excelsior Class Ships - Whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter where you go,,...I believe is correct? I think.

1642974554842.png

Yes. "Wherever you go, there you are!" is wrong. The quote, from Buckaroo Banzai and on the Excelsior's dedication plaque, is "No matter where you go, there you are..."

The booklet would be even better with spelling and grammar errors corrected, and improved character kerning, word spacing, text justification, and line wrapping.
Thanks M. I'll make sure that the updates get put in. Thank you for your sharp eye....

Also this just in, the decals are going to be printed by Microscale which means that the entire kit is made in the USA. The change came due to time constraints... But nevertheless the quality will be the same as what would've been produced by Cartograff of Italy.

So, now that I have purchased this kit (no regrets), I wonder what I will do with all the extra parts for the other versions, lol. For me, I will be building the original NX version. I guess I could not glue down the bridge, rear observation/docking dome and impulse deck to make it the NCC version, BUT man, removing the NX decal registries and the paint touch ups would be crazy. You can forget about the Ent B. Never cared for this abomination! (should have just been a stock Excelsior class)

Of course that is exactly what ILM did over the years with the studio model, so at least I would be following a long standing tradition in special effects, lol.

Closer, on the back cover, but not quite there. :/ Here's the clearest we see it in TUC:

USS_Excelsior_NCC-2000_dedication_plaque.jpg

The only capitalized letter is the 'N' in the first word. Otherwise, nailed it.

Actually... Given the format of the instruction book, maybe a reproduction of the plaque in its entirety might be nice -- front or back.

Excelsior_USS_Excelsior_Dedication_Plaques05.jpg

Which reminds me... bobatrek, do you still make dedication plaques?

I do, but to be clear, the plaque is printed on gold vinyl with the appropriate shading to give it a 3D effect, then mounted on .125” black PVC board.

Oh, I remember. I wasn't thinking engraved and aged bronze. Something like what you make might be a perfect add-in for this kit or the follow-on 1:200/studio scale kit.

So, now that I have purchased this kit (no regrets), I wonder what I will do with all the extra parts for the other versions, lol. For me, I will be building the original NX version. I guess I could not glue down the bridge, rear observation/docking dome and impulse deck to make it the NCC version, BUT man, removing the NX decal registries and the paint touch ups would be crazy. You can forget about the Ent B. Never cared for this abomination! (should have just been a stock Excelsior class)

Of course that is exactly what ILM did over the years with the studio model, so at least I would be following a long standing tradition in special effects, lol.
Majority of the assembly is done with screws and bolts like the 90" 1/200 scale studio miniature.

Majority of the assembly is done with screws and bolts like the 90" 1/200 scale studio miniature.
Cool thx.

I will say, that I decide to purchase 2 of the upgrades, the alum internal frame and the alum stacked dorsal. After seeing pics of the stock kit provided dorsal and the upgraded alum one, no contest. All things considered, this beast will be the 2nd most expensive model I have ever purchased, right behind DeAgostini's Falcon, lol.

Cool thx.

I will say, that I decide to purchase 2 of the upgrades, the alum internal frame and the alum stacked dorsal. After seeing pics of the stock kit provided dorsal and the upgraded alum one, no contest. All things considered, this beast will be the 2nd most expensive model I have ever purchased, right behind DeAgostini's Falcon, lol.

I'm sorry, What????

Where are these listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back