Large Scale USS Excelsior Class Ships - Whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$525 + Shipping and tax - gets you:
-model kit that you can build in one of three formats NX, NCC, 1701-B,
- premium decals drawn by Vagabond Decals made by Cartograph that feature all of the markings that ILM used on the filming model only,
-a set of ILM accurate excelsior specific aztek masking set (Lou @ Aztek Dummies Will be offering his version of the masks of course)
-assembles the same way the studio 7 foot model assembles with the same access panels and hatches and almost identical scale down parts-
-ILM accurate color painting chart
-digital booklet with a lot of reference photos of the Bill George studio bottle as well as the Greg Jein version
-certificate of commissioning, signed by George Takei and numbered 1- 25
- Lighting effects kit by Paul @ Stellar FX Modelling Solutions (formerly known as Big Easy Effects)

Box Dimensions: 18" x 18" 5 3/8"

Model Dimensions when assembled: 34.28" Overall length, 13.5" Beam, 5.81" Draft

you have the option to light the entire in nacelle a la Star Trek Voyager or just have the navigational blinking lights in the rear of the nacelles
With the spotlights in the Ford part of the engines.

Also included all of the shuttlecraft George, Jamero, Stark, and Rogers

Ok here's the latest....

Bill George ILM Studio 1/200th scale Miniature Internal Chassis:
G7gCRFm.jpeg

Epitome A&D's 1/537th scale Miniature Internal Chassis:
66376151914__08901619-9DF6-4E9F-A48B-AA23192AE157.jpg

and an early photo of there first master parts thats have been greatly corrected!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Mine was ordered in May 2021. They've had a number of setbacks and delays, but Alexander assures the production is still moving along and kits will hopefully be shipping soon.

Book1.jpg

Book2.jpg

Looks like the dorsal/neck piece might be metal:
Neck.png

By the way, in regards to the old Lunar Models Excelsior kit, there were actually two versions made - a smaller 3-foot-ish kit and a larger limited edition 4-foot-ish kit. Only a small quantity of the larger version were made, and it was advertised as being "in the same scale as the Ertl Enterprise Refit kit". I've got the larger ~48" kit (still boxed) and can agree it's got a lot of issues - vacuform parts needing an armature for support, a lot of solid resin parts (difficult for lighting), and a ton of inaccuracies. I bought all of Starship Bob's detail parts for the kit, but even with that the kit still needs a lot of TLC. The impression I get from all my email conversations with the designer is that the Epitome kit will be the go-to Excelsior kit, similar to the 1:350 Polar Lights kits compared to the old Ertl kits.

Last edited:
Send him an email. The site is being updated. I just got off the phone with him talking about the kit for an hour. There are less than 10 empty slots remaining on the pre-order list

Well, cool to see a few pics of the studio model. Alas, so few of the NX…

Well, I could not resist as the Excelsior if my favorite design of all time. Put it on credit, but totally worth it. Best to get it now before it jumps to the $750 price. Can't wait to receive this beast. I have waited sooooo long for a kit like this, of this size to be released.

Well, I could not resist as the Excelsior if my favorite design of all time. Put it on credit, but totally worth it. Best to get it now before it jumps to the $750 price. Can't wait to receive this beast. I have waited sooooo long for a kit like this, of this size to be released.

Literally my thought exactly. Favorite S. T. ship of all time, prop funds deleted, put it on a card. I never do that, hate credit, but I will have it payed for before the interest kicks in.

Lol, great minds think alike. I still remember being mesmerized in 1984 seeing this grand ship introduced on the big screen (saw STIII in theaters). Fell instantly in love. I was never able to get my hands on the old luner models kit(s) or the later The Collective kit. So awesome to have this available know. Can't wait to stat seeing more finished pics of the kit.

Uhura : Would you look at that.

Kirk : My friends, the great experiment: The Excelsior. Ready for trial runs.

Sulu : She's supposed to have transwarp drive.

Scotty : Aye. And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

Kirk : Come, come, Mr. Scott. Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant.

Oh, no... They misquoted the dedication plaque. :( That reminds me of the woman who had "Failure is not optional" tattooed on the back of her neck. Close, but that ain't it.

How long should I allow before reaching out to them again? Is there one e-mail over another you'd recommend? The one that seemed appropriate to use hasn't generated a response in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back