Large Scale USS Excelsior Class Ships - Whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Lunar Excelsior that needs a lot of work but I would part with it. I actually started completely resculpting the secondary hull because the original was so wrong.

If you need any dimensions from it, or would like to check mine out for purchase, just let me know.

Josh

Lunar Models Excelsior was very inaccurate and 1/448 scale.
Epitome Apparel & Design LLC is doing a Limited Edition Premium Format 1/537 Excelsior Model Kit signed and numbered by George Takei, that features a lighting kit, aztek masks, and parts to build one of either the NX, NCC, or 1701-B variants.

Lunar Models Excelsior was very inaccurate and 1/448 scale.
Epitome Apparel & Design LLC is doing a Limited Edition Premium Format 1/537 Excelsior Model Kit signed and numbered by George Takei, that features a lighting kit, aztek masks, and parts to build one of either the NX, NCC, or 1701-B variants.
any pictures of that kit available?

I emailed and asked them:

Excelsior is 34.28 inches overall length , nacelles are 18 inches in length, and the saucer is 13.5 inches in diameter

How big would this be? I believe the Lunar was 41".
34.28" overall length based on the 467 meters overall length of the actual ship length. Starship Bob, who did a lot of the detail parts for Tracy's Lunar Models rebuild and accuratization... Did a lot of the detail parts for the EAD 537 scale kit.... It is listed on scale mates with a link to a landing page and I actually believe they are still on pre-order they are behind on their release schedule because one of the team members working on it had a heart attack and was severely affected by it. I know that their numbers are very limited and they have done a lot of advertising to Facebook but....
1/537 Exelsior kit on Scalemates
Epitome Apparel & Design, LLC

I can tell you that they will be filling in a lot of the gabs left in the 1537 line by AMT, and once the premium format Excelsior run is fully underway they will also do 1/ 200 scale scale Excelsior kits as custom order only, which is the same scale as the studio model which was 7 feet long and forever irrevocably changed into the Excelsior refit for Star Trek generations, and also by special request 1/350 scale.

This is so agonizing for me. One of the things I've grudgingly come to over the years is that the official sizes of the TOS and TMP Enterprises and the Excelsior are too small for the ships shown on screen to fit. I won't reconstruct years of many people noodling on the observed phenomena here, but my takeaway is that the sizes given have to be bumped by 15%. So any scale models based on the official lengths of those ships (or any derived ship classes, such as the Saladin or Chandley or whatever class the Centaur is) won't be the scale given on the box. :( I have a few standalone odd-scale models for solo display, but for my big 'Fleet inventory collection, I'm enforcing strict scaling standards. So seeing this, when I've wanted a 1:350 Excelsior for ages, makes me weep.

any pictures of that kit available?
I emailed and asked them for photos of the actual kit but I was sent some photos of what looked like a pretty poor 3D print. Has anyone ever purchased any kits from this company before as I’m not overly familiar with them or their work.

I emailed and asked them for photos of the actual kit but I was sent some photos of what looked like a pretty poor 3D print. Has anyone ever purchased any kits from this company before as I’m not overly familiar with them or their work.
The final kit is in the last stages of development and I know EAD is swamped. Don't dismiss the kit yet, as a insider I know it is in many ways a smaller version of the bill george studio 7' model.

Kit Parts:

-Upper Saucer/ Impulse Deck

-Add On Impulse units For 1701 B/ Lakota Variant

-NX 2000 Bridge module

-Ncc 2000 Bridge Module

-NX 2000 Intermix Chamber Housing

-Ncc 2000 Intermix Chamber Housing

1701 B Intermix chamber housing

-Spoiler Fins (2)

-Silver Stacked Saucer Strong-backs

-Sensor Array

-dorsal

-Probe launchers

-Mid Deck

-Nx 2000 Observation Deck

-Ncc 2000 Cargo Deck

-Aft Hangar deck

-Pylon center mount radials

-Pylon cap

-Pylons (2)

-Aft torpedo launcher

-1701-B secondary hull variant

-NX/ NCC 2000 secondary hull variant

1701-B Deflector Dish

NX/NCC deflector dish

Main Hangar ribs

Main hangar support structure

Nacelles (2)

1701 B Nacelle caps, and fins (2 ea)

LIGHTING KIT

AZTEK MASKS

SIGNED & NUMBERED CERTIFICATES (GEORGE TAKEI)

2 MINI POSTERS

DIGITAL INSTRUCTION AND REFERENCE BOOK

The saucer is 13.5" in diameter, the nacelles are approx. 18", the secondary hull is approx 4" x 19" and overall length is 34.28"

Aztec masks are included as mentioned a lighting kit is included from big easy Models or Stellar effects, and then you can build out of the box one of the following versions NX 2000, NCC 2000, or 1701 B

I could be mistaken,but I think the Lunar Excelsior's saucer was a bit bigger than 16" in diameter.That would make the Excelsiors' saucer section about the same diameter as the 1/350 PL Re-fir Enterprise saucer.I think it may be closer to 18"-20" in diameter.
The Lunar Models Excelsior Kit is 1/448 scale roughly.

Also as far as the Epitome Apparel & Design 1/537 Premium Format Excelsior Model Kits go, I know they are Limited Edition, will be licensed, contain Aztek masks, a Lighting Kit, 2 Secondary Hulls and to x 5.5"

_nc_ohc=KGh1ORAXnk8AX_1eWOA&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

Okay here's something cool, Cartograf is doing decals for all the actual name changes made to studio model. The lighting kit that is supplied with the model.... Also here's a early picture of the kit in development there are two secondary holes included in the box one for the 1701B and the one for the NX/NCC 2000 but by far one of the cooler features as the fact that like this 7 foot studio model pictured below the internal skeleton is the same design for the most part so it adds even more of a sense of the realism to the model. Along with the certificate of commissioning are too many posters pictured below as well and there's a sample of what the decals from Carter graph are going to look like and the stand is even the same system so that's pretty cool and I know that they need 3 more pre-orders to get the Cartograf Decals included in the kit and there are only about 15 out of 25 left... And these are signed and numbered by George Takei....
They're trying to start shipping in February in the middle of February but that all depends on how long Cartograph which is based in Italy needs to do the decals and there's also a digital booklet that has amazing references and histories that is also part of the instruction booklet which has got painting instructions how to apply the Aztecs how to wire the lighting kit etc. It even sits on the same type of stand that ILM used for the studio model

G7gCRFm.jpeg

Attachments

• 244590635_205270668360560_1860450830656597954_n.jpeg
    244590635_205270668360560_1860450830656597954_n.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.01.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.01.49 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.01.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.01.03 PM.png
    700.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.00.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.00.44 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.00.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 3.00.14 PM.png
    554.7 KB · Views: 242
so I was poking around on their website. When you click the link for the preorder, it says the product can't be found.

Did it sell out? Did it get delayed?

so I was poking around on their website. When you click the link for the preorder, it says the product can't be found.

Did it sell out? Did it get delayed?
Oh , sorry They are revising the Product pages.... They've eliminated the standard kit because it's only one piece shy of being the same as the premium and they've eliminated one of the basic versions which isn't going to be released until after the premium run is complete and I think they need four orders of premium kits in order to cover the cost on the decals. I think the premium listing will be live again by tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back