Lapti Nek (movie version)

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Does it exist and is it available somewhere to buy? The version on the older CD's is okay, but is rather different than the song used in the movie.

Cheers,

C.

Re: Lapti Neck (movie version)

The forcecast did an interesting story on Lapti nek a few months back. I don't think the movie version has been released.

Hi Mic, I already have that one and it doesn't contain the movie version of the song. It contains the version that was made into a music video, if I recall correctly.

Hi Mic, I already have that one and it doesn't contain the movie version of the song. It contains the version that was made into a music video, if I recall correctly.

The movie version has never been released, and reportedly even LFL has lost the original tracks to both of the band's songs used in the film.

The movie version has never been released, and reportedly even LFL has lost the original tracks to both of the band's songs used in the film.

Yep, I am a big fan of the tune thats playing on the barge on the way to the sarlac, I believe this is the other one referenced above, I searched high and low for it years ago.. no dice. :cry

edit: Found a clip of it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uenq_jabba-s-sail-barge-star-wars-the-sa_shortfilms

I like that tune as well. I think it might be a different section of the tune played right after the Boushh entrance as Chewie is taken to the dungeon. Either that, or there were three tunes.

These movie-version tracks were used in the 1985 documentary The Making of a Saga, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reside with that material, wherever it is stored. (It was a LFL production, but it's possible it was mixed elsewhere.)

Someone did a lot of work filtering movie audio and mixing the LP single back in when they could between the lyrics (and when it wasn't different from the movie instrumental). Very well done.

Seriously how do you LOSE that gold? I've always wanted a full track from the Lapti Nek as it was heard in the film as well as the one while on the sail barge. I can't believe those never got saved/released. They've got to be somewhere. I would think it's kind of hard to lose something like that in the studios as big as Star Wars was/is still.

I'm not sure where I got it, but I have a recording I found of the isolated soundtrack from ROTJ during the sail barge scene. I'm guessing it was from a DVD/BluRay option, perhaps? The only drawback to it is the volume/clarity of the sail barge music goes up and down during shots taking place outside the barge versus inside it.

I don't know how people can be so choosy; this and the one in the re-releases are both terrible to me.:lol I've only ever been able to tolerate it when it was done up all metal by Anchorhead.

Unfortunately, this is the only source I could find it in its entirety. Really wish they'd release the full thing but, considering the climate now, I don't think that's a possibility. Especially since it's been like 10 years on since they made Shredisode IV.:lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back