Lapti Nek (movie version)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Too Much Garlic

Master Member
Does it exist and is it available somewhere to buy? The version on the older CD's is okay, but is rather different than the song used in the movie.

Cheers,

C.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Re: Lapti Neck (movie version)

The forcecast did an interesting story on Lapti nek a few months back. I don't think the movie version has been released.

Too Much Garlic

Master Member

Hi Mic, I already have that one and it doesn't contain the movie version of the song. It contains the version that was made into a music video, if I recall correctly.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Mic, I already have that one and it doesn't contain the movie version of the song. It contains the version that was made into a music video, if I recall correctly.
The movie version has never been released, and reportedly even LFL has lost the original tracks to both of the band's songs used in the film.

Mechinyun

Sr Member

The movie version has never been released, and reportedly even LFL has lost the original tracks to both of the band's songs used in the film.
Yep, I am a big fan of the tune thats playing on the barge on the way to the sarlac, I believe this is the other one referenced above, I searched high and low for it years ago.. no dice. :cry

edit: Found a clip of it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uenq_jabba-s-sail-barge-star-wars-the-sa_shortfilms

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I like that tune as well. I think it might be a different section of the tune played right after the Boushh entrance as Chewie is taken to the dungeon. Either that, or there were three tunes.

These movie-version tracks were used in the 1985 documentary The Making of a Saga, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reside with that material, wherever it is stored. (It was a LFL production, but it's possible it was mixed elsewhere.)

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Someone did a lot of work filtering movie audio and mixing the LP single back in when they could between the lyrics (and when it wasn't different from the movie instrumental). Very well done.

niennumb1

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Seriously how do you LOSE that gold? I've always wanted a full track from the Lapti Nek as it was heard in the film as well as the one while on the sail barge. I can't believe those never got saved/released. They've got to be somewhere. I would think it's kind of hard to lose something like that in the studios as big as Star Wars was/is still.

Riv

I'm not sure where I got it, but I have a recording I found of the isolated soundtrack from ROTJ during the sail barge scene. I'm guessing it was from a DVD/BluRay option, perhaps? The only drawback to it is the volume/clarity of the sail barge music goes up and down during shots taking place outside the barge versus inside it.

PoopaPapaPalps

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know how people can be so choosy; this and the one in the re-releases are both terrible to me.:lol I've only ever been able to tolerate it when it was done up all metal by Anchorhead.

Unfortunately, this is the only source I could find it in its entirety. Really wish they'd release the full thing but, considering the climate now, I don't think that's a possibility. Especially since it's been like 10 years on since they made Shredisode IV.:lol