Lady Sif - Thor (The Dark World)

I'm also trying to do a Lady Sif cosplay from Thor The Dark World! However, I couldn't afford all of the worbla so I'll be using EVA foam :) This is my first time really making armor for a cosplay and I'm still pretty new to it. I can't wait to see how yours turns out!!

I'm sure you'll rock Lady Sif! To be honest, I was originally going to use EVA foam but I didn't know enough about it >< please let me know how you get on :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course! The only trouble I've run into so far with the EVA foam process is wondering which is the best way to seal & paint it. Lots of people say use a few coats of Plastidip (sp?) first, but then others say that it doesn't work. Looks like I'll be testing it out!:p I'll keep you updated! Your's looks phenomenal so far!!

Any updates? Looking awesome sor far

Thank you :D

Not yet! I've finally been paid which means I could buy more Worbla but I've been pretty ill lately so I have had to put it to the side whilst I was not well >.< I'm hoping to be better next week to at least get some painting done >< nothing worse than pausing mid-project! <3

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404597584.310742.jpg

I've managed to finally get something done! Hoping to get some more done tomorrow, too!

The breastplate needs some real work doing to it but for my first build I'm feeling positive! Lots of forming/shaping tomorrow, for now I shall rest my burnt fingers :D

I have put a bit of my painting progress up too as I'm really new at any form of painting haha. I love how shiny the Rub'n Buff is but it's impossible to get any more paint to stick to it :/ if anyone has any hints and tips with that please let me know! :) <3

This is looking great! Really enjoying seeing how you're tackling some of the same issues I'm working through, too. =D

Haven't even started the spaulders/pauldrons or the legs yet...hoping they'll be easier than the breastplate and sword!

This is looking great! Really enjoying seeing how you're tackling some of the same issues I'm working through, too. =D

Haven't even started the spaulders/pauldrons or the legs yet...hoping they'll be easier than the breastplate and sword!

Thank you! It's been difficult ><

Nothing can be harder than the breastplate, I've decided! Haha. I haven't made pauldrons before so I'm a bit nervous about those!

SAM_0074.JPGSAM_0077.JPG

My first attempt with Apoxie Sculpt - I don't think I've used anything similar since high school! >< I used it just to smooth and fill out the front to get rid of the 'cups' and create the shape down the front. It's coming along, albeit in small steps! I'm hoping to push on with the build more in the next few weeks although I have a week off of work in August so failing all else I am going to have to really push that week as I was hoping to get this done in time for my panel at a con in Sept! Off to Leicester in a few weeks to the fabric stalls to get some nice fabric to start planning the underneath parts! PHEW!

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Some minor updates to the breastplate - I have added the left side of the detailing and also the mid section. I have used Apoxie Sculpt for the two round medallion-type-bits ( :p )

Ignore all the doodling all over the build, it'll get covered obviously in the primer anyway but I'm not very good at visualising things so it helps me to just bust out the sharpies!

This isn't going to be the most accurate build, but I'm having loads of fun learning and trying new things! :) If anyone has some good advice for weathering when it comes to the painting part, please let me know!

Looking good! And I can totally identify with the doodles... There are marks all over my craft foam, so I could use that for templates when assembling and adding in some of the "embossing" details. It's like putting together a really strange puzzle, so use all the help you can.

For weathering, I'd say that dry brushing is your friend. And maybe a toothbrush you could use to fan little splatters of black/dark silver paint on certain areas. Just pay close attention to the high res images -- they can really show you where the highlights and shadows need to be. Hope that helps some...If all else fails, YouTube! =D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back