Kylo Ren Voice Changer HELMET (not mask)

IMG_3091.jpgIMG_3090.jpgIMG_3092.jpgIMG_3096.jpg

I still don't understand (why I'm being suspicious) but this helmet looks too "high quality" for Hasbro...and yet the price is not much for such quality :)

awesome stuff! thanks for all the photos!

my main question is, what do you think of the helmet? do you like it?

I actually hate it! I hate it because I didnt conceive it......LOL!
Seriously, I bought this in hopes that it would be a good reference for me building a new helmet - now, I may not have to do so afterall.

If I may echo Mr. Rick Ponte's comment on KOR last night:

I have to say, this helmet is beyond awesome in terms of proportions and accuracy when comparing it to the hero helmet. Just like a lot of the Hasbro toys, the digital scanning of the actual props is giving us some AMAZING, true-to-screen replicas.

It has to be said that to get this to be a truly screen-accurate helmet, we're going to need to give this a lot of refinishing. Lens removal and replacing it with a mesh, bondo/sanding work over battery/voice changer system on top, and in my opinion a re-paint to get that lacquer-looking finish.

Mac, thank you for posting these detailed pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't understand (why I'm being suspicious) but this helmet looks too "high quality" for Hasbro...and yet the price is not much for such quality :)

When I learned about all this, I actually thought it was Takara / Tomy (Japanese) product rather than Hasbro. Hasbro is on the box thou. I mentioned in KOR last night that when I was putting the chrome face shield back and started to screw it down - the chrome piece snaps shut to the plastic shroud so crisp and so clean that I too doubted it was a Hasbro offering :) Nonetheless, you guys are lucky to be getting these at $65 - we got these at $120 these side of the world :p

When I learned about all this, I actually thought it was Takara / Tomy (Japanese) product rather than Hasbro. Hasbro is on the box thou. I mentioned in KOR last night that when I was putting the chrome face shield back and started to screw it down - the chrome piece snaps shut to the plastic shroud so crisp and so clean that I too doubted it was a Hasbro offering :) Nonetheless, you guys are lucky to be getting these at $65 - we got these at $120 these side of the world :p

HLJ has it listed as a "Takara/Tomy" product. I'd been assuming that it was Takara distributing a Hasbro thing in Japan...but maybe it's the other way around...

Its nice that the chrome piece can be totally removed, so if you ever want to repaint it and modify it, you don't have to worry about masking that off.
I'm slowly wanting to get one of these more and more.

I didnt install back the plastic lens as the plastic was making my vision wavy.......so I took a stab at using the china el cheapo $5 laptop cooler screen. Using a dremel to cut a pattern, boring corner holes and using the stock plastic lens mounting post - I was able to mount the screen. I might just add some sort of black stocking material. No more fogging, breathable, good clear vision and a lot more air coming in!

IMG_3104.jpgIMG_3105.jpgIMG_3106.jpgIMG_3107.jpgIMG_3109.jpgIMG_3110.jpg

Thanks for the nice pics.This helmet is awesome.Can´t wait to get mine to work with it.
I think I will build real padding for the inside first.

Have these gone on sale yet? Toys r us UK was letting folk sign up for stock notification, but now it's saying out of stock, ask for stock notification.

hlj and forbidden planet are saying pre order for November release.

as I need it for the December premier I am a bit worried it's sold out instantly.

does anyone know what's going on in UK sales?

Appreciate this a lot! Do you think the below Ebay link will be enough to cover the hole? Or do you have a link to what you used?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371141790648?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I think your ebay link is of a subwoofer grill which has a bigger diameter cell. The one I used for the black series KR helmet is a mesh from a cheap china made laptop/notebook cooling pad. The brand I used (CDR-King) is local to us here in Manila, but you could probably find similar stuff in your neighbourhood computer shops. Here's a link to our local store:

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=category&subcatid=597&main=166

The one I used for KR has cells which are about 2mm in diameter. You also might find metal mesh from 'airsoft' shops as I think they also use a similar mesh for their goggles, etc.

I think your ebay link is of a subwoofer grill which has a bigger diameter cell. The one I used for the black series KR helmet is a mesh from a cheap china made laptop/notebook cooling pad. The brand I used (CDR-King) is local to us here in Manila, but you could probably find similar stuff in your neighbourhood computer shops. Here's a link to our local store:

http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=category&subcatid=597&main=166

The one I used for KR has cells which are about 2mm in diameter. You also might find metal mesh from 'airsoft' shops as I think they also use a similar mesh for their goggles, etc.

Think http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_image_1&smid=ARMKB9DGMAOM2 would work?

Comparing PAMPatines photo to the new photos of the Anovos helmet, the proportions still seem pretty damn good. Look at all of the details that line up. The flare in the back seems maybe just a little too long. Not sure I see a $500 difference, lol.

attachment.jpg

Last edited:
That looks about right, but the narrow center might just be too small. If you can find something that is 6" x 2" would give you ample margin. If however you're gonna mount it like mine (stock plastic lens mounting positions) - a 6" x 3" would be better.

Hmm.. ok. Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate it. I have this on PO and wan't it ready to mod when it ships.

So the below should work?

http://www.amazon.com/HAVIT®-HV-F20...6669864&sr=8-12&keywords=notebook+cooling+pad

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back