Kyle Katarn 3D Printed Bryar Pistol and other bits

Stephen

Hi there, here is a 3D printed and painted Bryar Pistol I made. I posted a few images of it in another thread but wanted to show some more here. I bought the STL files from Etsy
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

It took about a week to 3D print, sand (I hate sand) and paint. I used multipurpose filler around the seams and car filler primer as an undercoat. This was followed by grey primer, metallic black and finally a light spray of pewter. I laser cut some walnut veneer samples for the handles rather than the 3D printed ones. I used Bronze paint in the recesses and silver for the dry brushed edge detail.
04.jpg
05.jpg

I bought the Kyle Katarn / Qu Rar lightsaber for my 40th birthday and feel it goes well with the blaster. These are on display with my Luke Skywalker (mk2) lightsaber I made twenty years ago at uni on a manual metalwork lather (taking 2 weeks). I also just bought the Luke Skywalker / Anakin Lightsaber from KR Sabers recently adding the ANH parts. This has always been a holy grail of mine and it doesn’t disappoint.
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

I also 3D printed Kyle Katarn’s second Lightsaber (Yun’s) using files from Thingyverse: Yun LS STL I used Aluminium tubing for the main body of the handle and tweaked the emitter file slightly. I’ve got Kyle Katarns 3rd and final Lightsaber on pre-order which should hopefully end my Star Wars Prop journey before my wife kills me...
09.jpg
10.JPG
11.jpg

12.jpg

However Kyle Katarns costume isn't really a prop?
Regards
Stephen

I've just finished off Kyle Katarn's Holo Disk today. I used these: 3D Files which worked great. I laser cut mirror Acrylic for the disc. I used Gold spray, copper and pewter paint for detailing.

Attachments

• _DSC5386.jpg
    _DSC5386.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 198
  • _DSC5389.jpg
    _DSC5389.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
  • _DSC5390.jpg
    _DSC5390.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
  • _DSC5395.jpg
    _DSC5395.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 139
  • _DSC5392.jpg
    _DSC5392.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Looks great! Not sure if it’s the angle/perspective of the picture but it looks like it’s slightly under scaled for 3.75” figures, either way you did a great job.

Last edited:
Another Star Wars tangent: I got an 89 Saber's Graflex and configured it for ESB. I was lucky enough to find & buy the Mysteries of the Sith Mara Jade Lightsaber from a fellow board member (thanks again!). I find some of the older computer games (Jedi Knight, Tie Fighter) feel more Star Wars like than some of the newer films. I bought the Hyper Real Luke and Darth Vader & created a diorama with LEDs for the lightsabers. Finally in a moment of madness, another to add to the list, I bought the Sideshow Baby Yoda!
_DSC5615.jpg
_DSC5614.jpg
_DSC5616.jpg
_DSC5501.jpg
_DSC5619.jpg
_DSC5612.jpg
_DSC5613.jpg
_DSC5608.jpg
_DSC5598.jpg
_DSC5600.jpg

During a successful archaeological dig to find a Transformers box in my loft I found the air fix kit of the Millennium Falcon I painted 22 years ago at the age of 18 and a box with resin lightsabers also from the same time. I remember ordering the resin handles from a small advert in a model railway magazine my uncle had given me for £20 each. Are these handle of any value if I were to part with them? Cheers
_DSC5782.jpg

_DSC5783.jpg

_DSC5784.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back