Kyle Katarn 3D Printed Bryar Pistol and other bits

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Stephen

Hi there, here is a 3D printed and painted Bryar Pistol I made. I posted a few images of it in another thread but wanted to show some more here. I bought the STL files from Etsy
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

It took about a week to 3D print, sand (I hate sand) and paint. I used multipurpose filler around the seams and car filler primer as an undercoat. This was followed by grey primer, metallic black and finally a light spray of pewter. I laser cut some walnut veneer samples for the handles rather than the 3D printed ones. I used Bronze paint in the recesses and silver for the dry brushed edge detail.
04.jpg
05.jpg

I bought the Kyle Katarn / Qu Rar lightsaber for my 40th birthday and feel it goes well with the blaster. These are on display with my Luke Skywalker (mk2) lightsaber I made twenty years ago at uni on a manual metalwork lather (taking 2 weeks). I also just bought the Luke Skywalker / Anakin Lightsaber from KR Sabers recently adding the ANH parts. This has always been a holy grail of mine and it doesn’t disappoint.
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

I also 3D printed Kyle Katarn’s second Lightsaber (Yun’s) using files from Thingyverse: Yun LS STL I used Aluminium tubing for the main body of the handle and tweaked the emitter file slightly. I’ve got Kyle Katarns 3rd and final Lightsaber on pre-order which should hopefully end my Star Wars Prop journey before my wife kills me...
09.jpg
10.JPG
11.jpg

12.jpg

However Kyle Katarns costume isn't really a prop?
Regards
Stephen

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Stephen

I've just finished off Kyle Katarn's Holo Disk today. I used these: 3D Files which worked great. I laser cut mirror Acrylic for the disc. I used Gold spray, copper and pewter paint for detailing.

Attachments

• _DSC5386.jpg
    _DSC5386.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • _DSC5389.jpg
    _DSC5389.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • _DSC5390.jpg
    _DSC5390.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • _DSC5395.jpg
    _DSC5395.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • _DSC5392.jpg
    _DSC5392.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Derelict Ghost

Looks great! Not sure if it’s the angle/perspective of the picture but it looks like it’s slightly under scaled for 3.75” figures, either way you did a great job.

Last edited:

Stephen

Another Star Wars tangent: I got an 89 Saber's Graflex and configured it for ESB. I was lucky enough to find & buy the Mysteries of the Sith Mara Jade Lightsaber from a fellow board member (thanks again!). I find some of the older computer games (Jedi Knight, Tie Fighter) feel more Star Wars like than some of the newer films. I bought the Hyper Real Luke and Darth Vader & created a diorama with LEDs for the lightsabers. Finally in a moment of madness, another to add to the list, I bought the Sideshow Baby Yoda!
_DSC5615.jpg
_DSC5614.jpg
_DSC5616.jpg
_DSC5501.jpg
_DSC5619.jpg
_DSC5612.jpg
_DSC5613.jpg
_DSC5608.jpg
_DSC5598.jpg
_DSC5600.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.