Kroenen mask: Are these recasts?

The more expensive ones appear to be copies of the Sideshow mask, but the cheaper paintball masks are a completely different, inaccurate mold.

Only the sideshow is the way to go.Its a cast from a original mask.

22865419pa.jpg

Still regret letting mine go years ago. Yeah they are a bit small to wear, but they were amazing still. Love the repaint!

Still regret letting mine go years ago. Yeah they are a bit small to wear, but they were amazing still. Love the repaint!

Thanks...the actor of Kroenen Ladislaw Beran is a very skinny guy!;)

The most chinese copys looks like the sideshow on pics...but in hand they have not the same shape and quality.

i'll try to make one myself, i should have the pepakura files pritty soon.
Let's see if i can do something from there =D

Do a search, I think a member here offers Kroenen masks.

And the more expensive ones on top of that Iron Man chest remind me of something ...

yeah i know, i'm waiting for the file :)

I first tried to make the helmet out of a free file, but it didn't really work out.
But it was a nice practice since it's my first pepakura project.

Now i just have to find some sort of Bondo in Belgium :s

I have bought one of those cheap china ones.
The resin is super thin on some places and my mask arrived broken, Some of the piece was thinner than a mm .

I rebuilt the mask with superglue and thicken up the inside with bondo, I also reshaped the flat top of the mask with my heatgun. Without the foam on the inside i can get my face into it now.

I have started reshaping the grill to make it more accurate , My plan is to make myself a Kroenen suit.

Last edited:
nice, thanks for the reference pictures.
They are shot in an angle that is hard to find.

And good luck with the mask/kroenen suit :)

I use it on plastic,metal,wood and fiberglas...etc.-for sculpting and close airbubbles and broken areas.
And the best is it don´t smells not like a chemiccocktail.So you can easy use it in the house.;)
I never used it on paper...but I would say when its drunken in resin its like plastic and should work.
The best way is to work with wet hands.When its hard you can sand,drill and paint it.It also can get hard under water.I love this stuff.
I have never worked with "Bondo" but similar products here in europe are hard in an half hour.That is great for small airbubbles etc.-but too fast for sculpting complete areas.

I have never worked with "Bondo" but similar products here in europe are hard in an half hour.That is great for small airbubbles etc.-but too fast for sculpting complete areas.
I as well have never used the brand called "Bondo" ( automotive body filler ) but a similar product here in Sweden. You will find that many rpf members call their automotive body filler "bondo" even if they use other brands. The name has just stuck. The same thing goes for people using a DREMEL tool, we all know what a dremel tool is and that there is lots of other brand that people use now instead of Dremel (the brand Dremel sucks now days).
Some people also mix body filler and resin to create a substance called Rondo (R"esin, B"ondo : Rondo. It can be used to slush cast things like a Pepakura helmet.

thanks for the info :)

I'm kind of reluctant to using milliput to do big area's, especially since I'm not a sculpting hero =D
As for the Bondo, i know that it's a brand, but it's hard to find any kind of automotive body filler here.
Might need to go to a car dealer to actually find something like that.

I'll just test some stuff :p

i got the pep file, and I'll start working on it in the next few days.
I'm going to try and finish my Samaritan first =D
Kroenen77

I've seen your work on the masks and i love it.
Any tips for someone starting on the mask (as one of his first props)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,happy that you like it....some tips...don´t stress you.Work slowly and make photos of every step of your work.Often you can see mistakes only on pics and not with your eyes.;)

And collect so much photos of the original you can find before you start.Sometimes you will see a detail only on different pics.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back