Knight Rider miniature looked for

einzwei

Hi all,

I am new here, so few introduction words: I am quite a huge KR fan having watched the old series many times and currently trying to build up a kind of collection of screen used prop of the series.

I am now looking for one of the KITT miniatures used in the series built by Jack Sessums. Therefore, if anyone has any idea/recommendation/hint how to get such piece for a collection, that would be great.

Thanks,

Christian

I don't know about where to find them, but a lot of KR fans have believe that one the model miniatures of KITT was a modified model kit of a Camaro that was available at the time the show was being made (I recall there was a kit in that scale produced by Monogram at that time, as I still have a comic book with an advertisement for models in the large 1:8 scale(?). I don't know if that's the correct scale or not, but its been a while since I've looked at the back of that particular comic), and the production crew made some medications and replicated the KITT hood and front bumper to place on the model). In fact, a member of the RPF replicated the model using the same kit, as you can see here.

One of the actual KITT model miniatures, from what I remember, is in the hands of a private collector in Greece, while another was auctioned off. Here's a site that has info on the two model KITTs and the FLAG Semi: http://knightriderhistorians.blogspot.com/search/label/Miniatures

Last edited:
You're welcome. But keep checking back. You never know, someone else much later may stumble across this post and provide some info. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back