Kit Reccomendations

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by Sid, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Sid

Sid New Member

I've not played around with models in a long time but watching Steve's videos on youtube has really gotten me itching to try one. Is there any sites or kits anyone would recommend for someone starting out and has never done "windows" before but would love to start experimenting with lighting up a model kit.

Whoops, wrong thread. What I get for viewing the site minimized. Sorry guys. If a Mod doesn't care to place this in General Modelling.

2. trooper

trooper Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

depending on your skill level this is a good kit http://www.therpf.com/f11/1-350th-romulan-bop-vacuform-version-almost-51639/ anyting small your realy going to use fiber optics for the windows, i would NOT recomend the 350 scale enterprise unless your an advanced modeler. the 350 scale klingon ship steve just did would be another good one depending on your budget. hope that helps

3. trooper

what, no one wants to chime for this guy ????? come on were better then that :)

4. swhite228

swhite228 Well-Known Member

For a general model I'd suggest the Lief Ericson from AMT. It comes with an engine lighting kit , and the windows are largr and fewer than most ships of it's kind.

A good studio scale build would be a Galactica TOS Cylon Raider, 4 lights total 2 front, 2 engine. No strobes, no flickering engine efx, nothing special.

5. trooper

ooooh, niiice one, where does one find that? :)

6. swhite228

swhite228 Well-Known Member