Keeping my fingers crossed....

chizbot

So while at work last week, I called up an old customer of mine. (I work for a place that buys scrap gold & silver) I've known him for 15 years, but we haven't spoken in a while. I know besides gold, he buys antiques & pretty much anything he can flip for a few $$. He's an older guy.

So I casually ask him if he has any vintage camera flashes. "******, son, I have boxes and boxes of that crap, what are you looking for?" "Graflex, Kobold, you know..."

"I'll try to find the boxes this weekend", he said. "when I find them, I'll ship them to you if you pay the postage. Take what you want & send the rest back..." So that led to:

"How about WWI flare guns?" "Airplane parts?" "flash hiders for grease guns?"

He said "My buddy deals in all that stuff, send me an email of what you're looking for, and I'll see if he's got them..."

There may be some good stuff in the junkyard soon. Wish me luck!

I'm on the hunt for a graflex, I fear the eBay ones being counterfeit. If u get one and want to sell one in interested

BTW, I'm not looking to profit from this, I just want some parts for myself. Whatever else is there that I can't use will go to junkyard for whatever I paid for them + actual shipping. I just thought I could help out on some hard to find stuff using resources at my disposal.

I sure would like to make a accurate Luke saber if a Graflex comes your way. Post if you get a JY thread going.

Any chance to get dibs?:D

I'll keep tabs in this thread. I'm looking for a kobold, m19 scope, Hensoldt and a Webley... any other stuff will be offered.

Awesome find dude !! I'd love a graflex for Luke saber. Finding old stuff from old people that have kept it hidden away is just sooo exciting. Any chance I get to look through old guys garages I always take.Even if they have nothing you want they always have cool collections from times past. :)

Ben

Cool, man! Welp, on the off off chance that you should fall into a treasure trove of Graflexes (Graflexii?), I could use one myself. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping tabs on this thread for sure.

I'm in need of a pair of Graflex 3-cell bottoms, and am also in the market for an MPP (unlikely, I know), and a Praco or a Bolsey flash.

Still waiting on the old chap. He's a grumpy old coot, so I won't push him. ;)

In other news, I forgot that I'm taking my kids to this on Saturday!
http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20120321&content_id=27474088&sid=t422&vkey=team3

My kids are 7 and 3, and already geeks. I love it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401841215.214708.jpg

I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well... I need a Graflex or at the very least a Graflex 3-cell bottom, a Graflex button and definitely one or two clamps... :)

Well it's a long shot that two of them would come your way, but if you do happen to wind up with an extra M19 scope, I don't mind you making a profit off of me.

This sounds like a nice find, Any news from this guy?
let me know if you have a spare graflex 3 cell. Just the bottom tubes or anything, just let me know, and i'l give them a nice home.
I have this now, but she is too short, missing the bottom part. :cry

2cell.jpg

Also looking for a MPP... should you wind up with a jackpot

Just heard back from the guy... he's still digging around boxes, but picked up something this weekend that he offered me. I'm still waiting to see if it's the correct model though.

A Webley Scott flare gun.

(Still crossing my fingers)

gosh, I love happenstances like these - I'll be watching the junkyard and this thread as I'm looking for nearly anything and everything - congrats man!

Very cool opportunity. If you happen to come across a grenade for an obi, please remember me if you want to let it go.

Good luck with the treasures!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back