Keeping Bio in place

S

Saint Broken

This is probably a noob type question but after I broke in my suit this weekend at DC, I was browsing the dealer room and found and picked up a pretty clean resin P2 dome since it was pretty cheap. After messing around with it and making sure the eyes line up with my mask etc I noticed that it seems likely that its going to slide down below the eyes because of the weight while wearing it.
Is this an issue where I goofed by buying resin? Should I have sought an ABS one? Or would some kind of harness/clips be the solution? If anyone could offer any insight I'd be appreciative.

Chris

Well, i should be having a bio incomming before too long... i plan on using clips of some kind. I originally considered very THIN strips of velcro along the outer-most sides... but that would mean some velcro on the mask itself, so i've nixed that idea.

Yeah, some experienced hunters need to clue us nooblets in!

I've never had the problem u have but i've heard that magnets work very well. Just a thought.

Praetor Fenix

Well its hard to explain without being physically being able to show someone, but the dome is complete resin and isn't exactly lightweight, so in this particular case magnets wouldnt work at all. Are you guys able to just sit yours over your mask and it holds or does anyone use clips, webbing etc?
Thanks

Chris

Just a though here. Maybe the real masters can do something with this.

I think that magnets are the way. This is very generalized, please forgive. I'm good with concept, not with assembly.

Cut the necessary insets into the inside rim of the bio-helmet to recieve and hold magnets with epxy cement. The counter-part magnet would be located inside the ridge of the predator's head ridge. Note, on the inside. That way the helmet when placed on the head would lock into place at the back of head only with no velcro, clips or padlocks showing. The main requirement being to obtain magnets powerful enough to support the weight of the helmet but to the point that the fire department doesn't have to bring the jaws of life to get the helmet off.

I hope this a good idea and will help.

George

Ok If u go with magents how I am told form old posts how to do it glue a magnets or magens to the head on top or whatever on the undermask then attact the magnets to the glued magnets glue the to pon the placeed magnets so itll fit and line up where it should be in the helmet If I could figure how to post pics Id show u this probly only makes english scene to me lol well thast all I got
Bike helmet strap could be used too!

Okay, here's what I've done.........

I purchased some Earth Magnets from EBay. They're fairly cheap (approx $4.00 for 30+), very small, and POWERFUL!

I cemented 4 groups of 4 magnets to the inside of my Bio.
When the cement hardened, I then placed the Bio on top of my Undermask and from the INSIDE of the Undermask, used another 4 x groups of 4 magnets to hold it in place while I then cemented those to the top & inside of my Undermask.

The thing is, if it's too tight, remove 1 x magnet from each group inside the Bio. Not tight enough?
Add another magnet to it

Just cement the bottom 2 x magnets. The rest will stick to those.

And that's all I have to say about that
"FG"

Well, my own Bio is completely made of Resin and has a bit of weight to it and I don't have any problem.

Besides, for less than $10.00, it's worth trying out

This is true!
So the the thension probably wouldnt be enough to tear the latex from your experience? Also would you use that same cement to attch the mags to the inside of the rubber mask?

Chris

Yes that is correct.
Even if you find it may be too much tension, remove a magnet from the inside of your Bio until you're satisfied.

The Latex Undermask is pretty thick, so you'd need more than a few magnets to rip a hole in it.

Thanks fantazar!
Ill probably work on that this weekend and let you know how it works!

Chris

Bump!!!

Thread could use some pictures. Could also help some of the noobz
as well.

I'll post up some pics soon, I was going to redo my piece on doin up a rubies mask....I have magnets on my bio and mask..with pics...shoud do the trick.

Oh just a little warning when using this glue. Work with this glue outside or in your garage. Don't work with this glue inside your house. It gives off very strong fumes and a very strong smell. The smell will stay in that room for awhile. This **** will give you a headache if working in a enclosed area.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I did to keep my bio in place on my 3/4 P1 mask.

1.) Bought some of this 'Goop' Glue. Can be found at many Hobby & Hardware stores. The glues strong and very flexible to be used on latex. It's very good glue to use.

goop.jpg.gif

2.) Glued some industrial Velcro right in the middle of the mask. Velcro can be found at many places online. I would suggest to glue the Velcro down on a raw mask first before you paint your P1 or P2 mask.

velcro.jpg.gif

maskhead.jpg.gif

3.) Now glue some Velcro right in the middle of your bio and wait a couple of days for the glue to fully cure.

hmin.jpg.gif

4.) If you've done every thing correctly and you let the glue fully cure for a couple of days. You can now attach the bio to your mask. Do a test fit first, don't fully press it down on your mask yet. If either ends didn't pull off on your test fit, your mask is ready to go. Now you don't have to worry about your bio falling off if you hanging up side down. :D

BAt.jpg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. I did pretty much the same thing, but I have 2 strips mounted horizontally instead of the one vertically. I used industrial sticky back velcro and contact cemented it in place for extra support.

Hi guys, have a full resin Steve Hird CELTIC bio (pretty heavy) which is held on my full face mask by two 20mm DIA real earth magnets. Do not underestimate the power of these little magnets, when two get stuck together it takes a hell of a lot of pressure to get them apart, and dont get your finger between them, ouch!!!!.

Magnets glued into underside of Bio - opposite magnet inside latex mask. Worn this dozens of times never fallen off.

magnets.jpg

Hi guys, have a full resin Steve Hird CELTIC bio (pretty heavy) which is held on my full face mask by two 20mm DIA real earth magnets. Do not underestimate the power of these little magnets, when two get stuck together it takes a hell of a lot of pressure to get them apart, and dont get your finger between them, ouch!!!!.

Magnets glued into underside of Bio - opposite magnet inside latex mask. Worn this dozens of times never fallen off.

The bio i'm planning on using with my AVP suit is made of fiberglass... and pretty damn heavy. am i screwed?

Use magnets, You can find them anywhere. i used earth magnets. 1 under mask inbetween latex and foam. the other under the helmet....... works great and if you take off bio the magnet won't be seen......

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back