Katniss Everdeen Wedding Dress Build

10930906_10152965359801187_2242088896728583016_n.jpg

thanks so much everyone!! (and hi Dallas!! *waves*) Spent nearly three hours last night working on the final drape of the skirt humming and hawing over it and generally fretting; but I have it how I want it and am starting in on hand sewing it down; pretty fast with a hand needle so ideally I'll be done the dress by tomorrow night!

Screen accurate feather lashes arrived so I want to do a good makeup test run too; con is only 7 days away now! Have some shoots booked so in the up-coming weeks should have nice final product photos too :3

10959835_906811652670731_2062920368074233017_n.jpg

First preview image from one of my shoots this past weekend (this one with Sound Snap Photography) should have some nice full body pics. from other shoots in the coming days showing off the full dress. Got tons of lovely feedback from attendee's and fellow costumes, was so great to check something so big off my dream costume list :3

yup! All the ribbon and lace ribbon was sewn on and all the tulle was cut into strips, ruffled, then sewn on and trimmed as well (think it is about 300 meters of velvet ribbon of the two sizes, 150 of the eyelet lace and 60 yards of tulle made into about 600 yards of tulle strips that were ruffled; god bless bulk order sites or my wallet would be in great pain lol)

ONE_5292.jpgONE_5313.jpg

Final Katniss' photos, had the fortune to shoot with Lexa One Photographie; here are my favs'! She's wonderfully talented and did a great job capturing photos where you can clearly see lots of the little details (easier said then done with an all white gown)

this thread has died but on the off chance that anyone sees this, does anyone think it is possible to make the dress using this as a base? I'm a complete novice sewer but I feel like I would at least be capable of running tulle and ribbon through a machine with some practice. the bodice part will be covered with feathers and the wire wings anyway so I'm not too concerned about that part. But obviously, this version needs more poof and length. Would it be doable to add more skirts to this? I love the fire effect and would want it to show when spinning around.

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 63
hi! i know this post is old now so i might not get a reply, but could i ask where you bulk ordered your ribbon from? i am making this dress for a uni project and im desperately trying to find where to order so much ribbon but am coming up short! thanks <3

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back