DSC02418_zps7374418f.jpgDSC02420_zpse7062a39.jpg

Mass sand and test paint

DSC02476_zpsfe40d648.jpgDSC02478_zps3495e637.jpg
DSC02480_zps72f0714f.jpgDSC02481_zps5b57deda.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02416_zps86d8b8de.jpg
    DSC02416_zps86d8b8de.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 109
Is their any way to get a mirror finish on it (like chrome plating) ? I've always imagined seeing the fear on the heroes face reflected in the helmet would be a cool cover on a comic book.

I don't know my paints, but something that resembles stainless steel, brushed chrome or a chrome (polished) look would be pretty sweet.

There are a number of 'chrome finish' spray paints available at your local auto parts store. I would buy a few different cans and try them out on another surface. You might be surprised by how reflective they can be. And i'm sure with some light wet sanding, you should be able to punch up the mirror finish even further.

Prepping will be your biggest ally, as the chrome paint will amplify every ripple, bump or imperfection on the helmet's surface.

Is their any way to get a mirror finish on it (like chrome plating) ? I've always imagined seeing the fear on the heroes face reflected in the helmet would be a cool cover on a comic book.

I don't know my paints, but something that resembles stainless steel, brushed chrome or a chrome (polished) look would be pretty sweet.

There are a number of 'chrome finish' spray paints available at your local auto parts store. I would buy a few different cans and try them out on another surface. You might be surprised by how reflective they can be. And i'm sure with some light wet sanding, you should be able to punch up the mirror finish even further.

Prepping will be your biggest ally, as the chrome paint will amplify every ripple, bump or imperfection on the helmet's surface.

A friend said this process. anyone has used?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back