Just got done reading AVP: Prey and Hunters Planet.

YautjaSlayer

Well I go to mutitude of thrift stores and a few months back I hit the jackpot. I found like 3 Alien books, the Novelazation of Alien 3 , AVP: prey,and Hunters Planet. I just finished reading them (I know I am am a slow reader) and I thought they were way better than the movies. But I am wondering, why can't they just make scripts from these books? They are done well, they story is very entertaining and funny at times, and also much better than any of the crap they have given us in either of the movies. They incorperated some of the ideas very breifly in AVP but they were not at all as good as the books.
They books had lots of humor ( mostly the comparason of predators and humans view points) and were done in a way that is much different and better than the movies.
I dont know what you think about them so I would like to know your thoughts.
thanks,

YautjaSlayer

Wow good score :mad:
AVP:prey,..my fav reading it again today, it's my default book, cover has nearly fallen off :mad:
AVP:Hunters Planet,..ok but,not for me though
A3: Good book, bit long winded in places. Alan Dean Foster: can't go wrong :mad:
I have all of the Alien movie novels and the first 4 Dark horse comic/novel adaptaions and Predator 1 novel. Interesting concept for the hunter, cool weapons.
Haven't read any of the new Predator novels,..maybe one day

Prey and War are the only ones I consider true Pred novels. Hunter's Planet is junior high school level at best. I agree that they should've made the first AVP film from the first AVP novel. Aside from making sense, it would've been a far better film and they would've had a trilogy, which seems to be the thing in Hollywood right now. I really want to see Broken Tusk on the big screen and the capture of the queen from the hive while their ship lays down supressing fire on the bugs. That would make a fantastic scene if done right. They need to stay true to the novel and have a Japanese actress play Machiko. Forget the lex in the Antarctic crap. It's really sad that these grossly overpaid fools can't come up with better material than they have so far. I also agree with what everybody on this board thinks...Fox should frequent this board and get some good ideas for a change.

Yeah ,after reading AVP Prey I thought Hunters Planet wasnt that great. ( I read them in the oppisit order because they only had hunters planet at the libray when started looking for them.) Prey was much better qualiy and I need to keep my eyes open for AVP:war

You should make the effort to read the new Predator novels.

I particularly enjoyed South China Sea.

That was pretty good. The pred was much better in that compared to weird ones in forever midnight! I thought that one sucked ass.
I heard somewhere that Dark horse has put a block on the original Machiko story. It had been adapted years back into a great script (though set on a jungle planet) and all looked good... but they pulled the plug. Aparantly Paul Anderson wanted to get the rights to it but they wouldn't let him... i'm guessing it'll never be alowed to be filmed.
This info may even be on the 'predators' thread, i'll have a look and see if i can find a link.
Tim

Why the hell would they block anything from being made into a film? Not surprising considering the bogus stories and lame decisions by Fox. Maybe Darkhorse doesn't want Fox to screw it up.

Why the hell would they block anything from being made into a film? Not surprising considering the bogus stories and lame decisions by Fox. Maybe Darkhorse doesn't want Fox to screw it up.

:mad: Very likely! I cant find a link to this so i have a feeling it was in the beautiful monsters book. I've lent my copy out, but i know Dakath nabbed one off ebay so if he reads this thread he might be able to shed more light? Having said that the book isn't official so it could be a load of bull.
I think there was some issue with who owned the rights to what, but the general consesus was the story would never be filmed...
Real shame. Would have made a better tv series than terminator!
Tim

That reminds me. Is there a novelization of AVPR? I'm sure that there is, but I never thought about it seriously before. If so, is it worth reading. Hopefully there's more Predator and less teen ******** in a novel.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back