AVP galaxy article on the new Predator movie

Come on bro, can you not just copy / paste the article? No one wants to go to a site with a bunch of ads.

Movie is sounding progressively worse and worse and worse. Her character works in a laboratory, but she magically knows how to use weapons and also battles an alien monster, just your average day for a lab worker!

Arnold and his crew knew how to use weapons because they were so very clearly an elite combat group.
Glover and his crew (which included a woman) knew how to use them because they were cops

IT'S PLAUSIBLE THEY ALL KNEW HOW TO USE WEAPONS AND WE DIDN'T NEED TO SEE THEM GETTING WEAPONS TRAINING, IT'S IMPLIED IN THEIR JOBS.

That's all I have time to type out right now because I have to get my Executive Chef and my car Mechanic some weapons training, you know, just in case they need to fight an alien monster in yet another sh!t movie and they magically need to know how to use weapons. How can I get a job paying millions dollars to f*ck something up?

The Predator is still over a year away so we’re only going to be getting news and details in dribs and drabs for the time being. Earlier today we found out Jake Busey is portraying Peter Keyes’ son and now we have some comments from Olivia Munn (via Men’s Fitness) about her character, Casey, and getting to use some weapons.

“But just because her character does work in a lab, it doesn’t mean Munn won’t get in on the action, too. Munn wouldn’t get into spoiler territory, but revealed that she’ll get to battle with the Predator.

“Between us—wink-wink—it was awesome. I’ll say this, my character knows how to use a weapon. You always see in movies that the guys just automatically know how to use it and the girls, they have to kind of fumble through it. I didn’t want her to be a soldier, but there’s no reason why she wouldn’t know how. Shane and I were on the same page about that immediately.”

26162017_03.jpg

Olivia Munn, in costume, unboxes the Samsung Galaxy S8 in her trailer on the set of The Predator.

Munn also talked a little more about the film and how it’s not a direct continuation of any of the other Predator films (despite the small Predator 2 connection we learned of earlier today). She added that “it has its own ensemble with some amazing actors.

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Predator fans on our forums!

Aren't they ALL technically stand alone movies, just set in the relevant time period that the film is made?
All of them have slight links/references to the original, so this would be no different - therefore not a reeboot

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back