Just finished a Halloween marathon!

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm not usually a fan of horror movies and gave up watching Halloween after the awful Halloween 3, a good few years ago. That was truly a horrendous part of the movies and should be banished forever.

I have to say I am now a huge fan of the series now. I really found them all (not part 3 ) to be really well made movies especially considering when some were made. The Rob Zombie versions were actually really good, even though it was obviously a different angle which they were made. I loved the way a young Michael is portrayed up until he becomes evil and when he becomes what he does. The fact he was an older child and started his killing spree was a good twist of the tale.

All said and done, I'm glad I watched them all and the Halloween series now has another fan. Now I have to get myself a MM

Lee

I saw them in an all-over-the-place order. Love the first one, one of my favourites. 3 is interesting but I think it just gets too messy with the story. Cannot stand 5 and 8 but for some weird reason I really like 6. It's a total mess and makes no sense, but shot and lit really well and it's really creepy. Also Loomis is much less crazy and hammy in it. I'm also one of the very few who cannot stand 2. It's a total nosedive from 1.
It's strange that while Elm Street and F13 went campy, self-aware and over the top Halloween tried to take itself seriously over the course (ahem, part 5...). It's a very patchy series with only a couple of shiny pieces. Glad you had a good time though.

Would've been fun if they made Halloween into an anthology series but I understand why they didn't. I liked III as well although the first remains the best. Not a fan of most of them after III but the 1st Rob Zombie reboot was relatively enjoyable.

I've never gotten past 2, I might give 3 a shot if it's not a continuation of the first 2.
It is not. It is a completely different story all together. It is not a slasher movie at all. Yes, there is some 80's cheese in it, mainly sexual content, but the overall story is, I found, very intriguing.

I've never gotten past 2, I might give 3 a shot if it's not a continuation of the first 2.
It's a standalone movie. It's weird and odd, there's a lot to love but I wasn't in the mood for that kinda camp when I watched it.
H20 is a decent bookend if you've watched the first two. 2018 is OK at best IMO.

I rewatched the original this year (didn't like it) so I didn't bother revisiting 2. Some 80s cheese might be fun though.

Yeah, although I found them all enjoyable to watch one after the other in release order, there are definitely some issues. I'll probably watch them all again in a few years. I agree with the typical slasher movie comment but I've seen much worse.

Going to start a Friday 13th marathon soon. Never got past number 2 in the 80s so plenty left to discover, maybe a lot of cheese too :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back