Just another ANH E-11 blaster build

Oh wow you get to play with a FM kit! I would absolutely try to blue that for the authentic patina if I ever get to work with that kit.

With mine, I misted some wrinkled paint (I used VHT Wrinkle paint) and sprayed semi gloss black to get the texture. None of the authentic Sterling SMG parts were painted.

I hope that helps!

ps. I saw your DL-44 on YouTube and it's gorgeous!
Thanks. I wish FM has his steel DL44 when I did mine but tried my best at improving the Denix. As much work as it was, it really was a satisfying build.

Back to the E11, yes I am seriously contemplating using AB for the base patina and in fact I’m current running some test samples including VHT (glad to know you used VHT as well). I hoped to find someone who used AB already but so far no luck.

Did you mask off certain areas without the crinkle paint or just applied a purposeful uneven coating to achieve the overall look? Whatever you did the finish looks very authentic and properly aged/weathered.

How’s the sheen of semigloss in person? Does look similar to the photos? I was planning to use satin and even contemplated flat but that is probably too dull.

Thanks. I wish FM has his steel DL44 when I did mine but tried my best at improving the Denix. As much work as it was, it really was a satisfying build.

Back to the E11, yes I am seriously contemplating using AB for the base patina and in fact I’m current running some test samples including VHT (glad to know you used VHT as well). I hoped to find someone who used AB already but so far no luck.

Did you mask off certain areas without the crinkle paint or just applied a purposeful uneven coating to achieve the overall look? Whatever you did the finish looks very authentic and properly aged/weathered.

How’s the sheen of semigloss in person? Does look similar to the photos? I was planning to use satin and even contemplated flat but that is probably too dull.
I did use toothpaste to mask random areas before spraying the VHT. Also, I sanded down some areas to disrupt the uniformity in the wrinkled textures.

The semi gloss looks exactly like in the photos. If I remember correctly, I used Ace brand. Flat is absolutely too dull.

hello, where can we find the blueprint for the pvc pipe?
I forgot where I got mine, but I found this after doing a little searching online.

This is a very impressive build indeed- I have a REAL Sterling based E-11 and somehow yours looks MORE realistic! Your paint effects are some of the best I’ve seen. What did you use for the base metal color where you’ve worn back to metal on edges etc? It looks really close to the actual steel where my real sterling is worn through!

This is a very impressive build indeed- I have a REAL Sterling based E-11 and somehow yours looks MORE realistic! Your paint effects are some of the best I’ve seen. What did you use for the base metal color where you’ve worn back to metal on edges etc? It looks really close to the actual steel where my real sterling is worn through!
Thank you for your kind words. Honestly I don't remember being too fancy about it, nor exactly what I did to achieve that effect. I believe there are layers of blacks, browns and graphite.

After the upgrades, I moved back to my home country and 2 years later, I finally found an opportunity recently to properly photograph the prop in its current state.

View attachment 1382565
View attachment 1382566
View attachment 1382567
View attachment 1382568
View attachment 1382569
View attachment 1382570View attachment 1382571
View attachment 1382572
View attachment 1382573
View attachment 1382574
View attachment 1382575
View attachment 1382576

Et cela conclut cet incroyable voyage avec ma construction E-11... Pour l’instant ;)
bonjour j ai achete une replique kit E 11 blaster anh pro je voudrais ou je peux acheter un chargeur factice svp

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back