Jurassic Park Worker - Need help identifying things

HotMachete

I'm working on putting together a Jurassic Park Worker costume (from the first movie.) Has anyone identified the 4-pocket shirt and trousers that was used by the workers? I can find lots of options that look similar, but it would be nice to identify what was actually used on screen, (assuming they weren't custom sewn.)

0e3def2fef044f84d51dfcb2ba203bc0.jpgJPripped2.jpg

Here's a couple pictures from when a few of the screen used worker's uniform went up for auction a while back. Anyone recognize the make of the shirt and pants?

(Note: The maker of the hard hat is Metal Fibre by Honeywell. There seems to be some debate if the proper hard had is red, orange, or high-vis orange. I ordered a standard orange hat, since that seems to match the movie the best to my eyes.)

to me that just looks like a set of standard 4 pocket BDUs in either dark grey or heavily distressed black. You can even see the ripstop stitching.

A few pics from auctions.

They seem to have a lot of gear & junk on their vest as well, which is very hard to make out.

Attachments

• Jurrasic_Park_Dino_Handler_Outfit_new_1.JPG
    Jurrasic_Park_Dino_Handler_Outfit_new_1.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 378
  • jurassicpark19931080phds.jpg
    jurassicpark19931080phds.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 345
  • jurassicpark19931080phdh.jpg
    jurassicpark19931080phdh.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 489
  • jurassicpark19931080phd-3.jpg
    jurassicpark19931080phd-3.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 471
  • jurassicpark19931080phd-2.jpg
    jurassicpark19931080phd-2.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 386
  • jurassicpark19931080phd-1.jpg
    jurassicpark19931080phd-1.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 488
  • Helmet by Fibre-Metal.jpg
    Helmet by Fibre-Metal.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 265
  • Auc Suit.jpg
    Auc Suit.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 4,992
  • Jurrasic_Park_Dino_Handler_Outfit_new_6.JPG
    Jurrasic_Park_Dino_Handler_Outfit_new_6.JPG
    366.2 KB · Views: 319
I bought navy blue BDUs, but they were too dark.
I left them outdoors over the summer, but they didn't fade much. I used RIT dye remover to try and lighten the color, but that no effect on them. I guess the next step is dilute bleach baths
I may try buying grey BDUs, and dying them to give them a more blueish color.

Sorry to hear that. If they're synthetic, I don't know what normal bleach will do to them. It may do nothing, or it may damage the fabric. I'd recommend researching that first.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back