Jurassic Park raincoats?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by howlingwind13, Jun 3, 2006.

1. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. roboprop

roboprop Well-Known Member

I was at Universal Studios after the film opened and saw Nedry's raincoat up close and personal. It was a shiny vinal rain slicker with a large vinal logo sticker applied to the back and a small one on the front.

A very simple piece of wardrobe to put together provided the slicker is made of the shiny vinal and not the flat finish. And, if you need JP logo stickers, contact Blackbok and he'll hook you up. ;)

Darrin

3. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

4. luke1923

luke1923 New Member

Wish I had one of those.

5. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

would be a nice project...

6. JackAce

JackAce Active Member

they sell JP rain ponchos at universal studios. not quite screen accurate but cool to keep in your jeep in case you've left the rag top at home i guess.

7. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

I think we've crossed the full spectrum of prop collecting all in one film- from one of the coolest, functional, machined metal props of any film, and one that actually drives the plot; to a rain coat! :cool

8. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

No one has yet to tackle that really big pile of Dino poo;)

9. cyrix9445

cyrix9445 Active Member

I made a few of the raincoats, harbor freight sells rain suits that have a pretty accurate coat, not quite as shiny as the screen used ones, but they do have the black buttons with pockets. Here's the only pic I have of one, I'll snap some more soon.

[​IMG]

10. cpltony

cpltony Sr Member

Those darn flashlights....why they gotta' be so expensive!!

*insert 'Spared no expense' gagline here*

11. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Yeah, the flashlights are cool... cooler than the radios, but not as cool as the NVG's...

Even if these flashlights never will be casted, because they are so expensive and will be expensive for the next years... yes, even then someone could finally start working on the JP NVG's... Anyone?!? If I say "please"? Please with marshmallows? :lol

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  12. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Thanks for the info cyrix:)

13. Bossk

Bossk Active Member

Harbor Freight..... great, we have one in town. Thanks for the tip. What size stickers do you recommend, front and back?

14. air142009

air142009 New Member

man thats nice i would love to get one of those coats any way i can buy one? IF THERE IS PLS MESSAGE ME at adamrenteria12@yahoo.com

15. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

16. Bossk

Bossk Active Member

Harbor Freight also has mail order, and the large and xlarge complete yellow rainsuits are only $7.59! (as I recall from reading it last night). Just google harbor freight and then search for 'rain suit'.

17. wGraves

wGraves Well-Known Member

Any Tips on getting the stickers made? Already got the coat, just trying to find a good way to do the stickers or decals.

18. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

19. sdemuro

sdemuro New Member

Hey if anyone makes the raincoats let me know I would totally buy one.

20. cpltony

cpltony Sr Member

There is/was a guy on eBay selling the raincoats, but all the questions I asked went unanswered. I wasn't interesting in buying blindly so I left it.