Jurassic Park Lindstradt Rifle - any good reference pics or info?

Fierfek

Sr Member
Hello all,

I've been wanting to build one these for a while, but was having trouble finding good pictures of the actual prop. The screen caps I have been able to get are not so good. Does anyone know where I can find such references or if someone has access/information about this rifle?

600px-JP2Lindstradt-3.jpg

The Lindstradt Air Gun is fictional [LINK] and so I guess why your not finding much on this. This weapon is not in the same league as other fictional weapons like the Pulse Rifle from ALIENS or a blaster from STAR WARS.

No but considering what kind of forum this is there's a decent chance that someone might have some awesome pictures that a simple Google search wouldn't unveil. Never hurts to ask, you never know what someone might have.

They use a LAR Grizzly Big Boar for another rifle in that movie.. It looks a little like they used that as inspiration or just modified it.

Lost World: Jurassic Park, The - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
Eddy Carr (Richard Schiff) is seen using a bolt action tranquilizer rifle with the name "Lindstradt" clearly shown on the side and a thread-on barrel. It is the weapon of choice for Eddie but he never fires it. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) is also seen holding this gun in some scenes.
LAR Grizzly Big Boar,
800px-LAR_Grizzly.jpg

I worked on the show for a couple days and have a picture somewhere of the rifle. I have the actual real rifle that the prop was based on.
The stock was copied from an Anschutz 1913 Super Match target rifle. The barrel, action ,bolt and CO2 bottle "cage" we machined out of aluminum. The CO2 bottle was an actual aluminum bottle used for something else-not a high pressure application. The sight was a very early model Holosight and was the first time their product had ever been seen in a film.
The dart firing cartridges were all custom made from alum. and plastic. I've got a dart also-- have to dig around for that and post some pics later..

No but considering what kind of forum this is there's a decent chance that someone might have some awesome pictures that a simple Google search wouldn't unveil. Never hurts to ask, you never know what someone might have.

I worked on the show for a couple days and have a picture somewhere of the rifle. I have the actual real rifle that the prop was based on.
The stock was copied from an Anschutz 1913 Super Match target rifle. The barrel, action ,bolt and CO2 bottle "cage" we machined out of aluminum. The CO2 bottle was an actual aluminum bottle used for something else-not a high pressure application. The sight was a very early model Holosight and was the first time their product had ever been seen in a film.
The dart firing cartridges were all custom made from alum. and plastic. I've got a dart also-- have to dig around for that and post some pics later..

bam! called it! :lol
Looking forward to the pictures!

Thank you very much for the information! Please do share some pictures, that would be great and much appreciated. This prop has been one of my favorite JP weapons even though it gets limited screen time.

The influence on the design from the Anschutz 1913 Super Match target rifle is readily apparent.
13171170_1.jpg

Picture of the 2 prop Lindstradt rifles disassembled for storage. You can see the adjustable butt plate with hook in the plastic bag. The barrels forward of the front sight were removable and not in view.
Pictures of the rifle used for the original molds.
Only one of the prop rifles had all the goodies. By that I mean the real parts were removed and installed on one of the prop rifles--butt plate, cheek piece, and cheek piece adjusting/lock plate --good for close ups and "inserts". The 2nd prop rifle stock was cast solid. The original real rifle has the grey painted cheek piece on it. The hook is off it for storage. The stock still has clay in the crevices from the original molding process
Picture of the dart cartridge with graduations. Approx 8"long. The needle has a small barb on it.
Picture of the huge .600 Nitro dummy cartridge for the double barrel elephant/dinosaur rifle used by the hunter character Roland.
12 ga shotgun round for comparison. Can't find my close up pictures of that rifle..

Holy cow! You know, I actually clicked on this thread by mistake, but I had to chime in and say I am glad I did because it's this kind of openness and willingness to share that makes me so glad I found this forum!

Plus, I learned about great prop from a movie I love! You can't get much better from a mis-click, huh? :)

- JD

Picture of the 2 prop Lindstradt rifles disassembled for storage. You can see the adjustable butt plate with hook in the plastic bag. The barrels forward of the front sight were removable and not in view.
Pictures of the rifle used for the original molds.
Only one of the prop rifles had all the goodies. By that I mean the real parts were removed and installed on one of the prop rifles--butt plate, cheek piece, and cheek piece adjusting/lock plate --good for close ups and "inserts". The 2nd prop rifle stock was cast solid. The original real rifle has the grey painted cheek piece on it. The hook is off it for storage. The stock still has clay in the crevices from the original molding process
Picture of the dart cartridge with graduations. Approx 8"long. The needle has a small barb on it.
Picture of the huge .600 Nitro dummy cartridge for the double barrel elephant/dinosaur rifle used by the hunter character Roland.
12 ga shotgun round for comparison. Can't find my close up pictures of that rifle..

This stuff is great! Thanks again for being awesome and sharing. :thumbsup

I've spent hours searching online, going through books, and the Blu-Ray for information like this. Now, I can start sourcing parts and begin planning for my build.

Thanks,
If I come up with more pictures, I'll post them.

Since the pictures are gone if you could repost them that would be amazing!

I've spent hours searching online, going through books, and the Blu-Ray for information like this. Now, I can start sourcing parts and begin planning for my build.

I'd love to hear how your build is going because I am looking into making one. Possibly making it actually shoot by putting a PCP (Pre-Charged Pneumatic) air rifle into it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back