Jurassic Park Hammond Canes: comparison between different canes.

Does anybody know the correct film size for Hammonds cane?

Trying to decide which size to buy as it’s not for me, it’s for display and so want it accurate to the film.

Looking at awols cane right now compared to Kruimels_Customs (on Instagram).

Can’t decide which is better/more accurate.

Posting here I’m thinking awols ..

Pic of kruimels attached for reference ..

Attachments

• 3164DB7D-0939-40B6-AC20-0BCDD237BD04.jpeg
    3164DB7D-0939-40B6-AC20-0BCDD237BD04.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 86
Yes, I do. I make them up to 38". You can order here as well: Cosology - Cosplay supplies and collections (a little cheaper than eBay)

If you want a 37" just buy a 36" or a 38" and add a note. Here is a discount code you too, because why not :)

15% Off: 15OFFRPF

Have a good one. I'll keep the code active for a while so no rush. And thanks Apollo for the shout out.
That's super, thanks! And you have the hat too, which is very helpful. I've searched for a comp for the hat and haven't found anything close.

My cane arrived from awol007, I'm very happy with it.

I'm a cosplayer, not a prop collector. My props are adjuncts to my costumes and will be carried around all day at Cons. I want things practical and functional.

This cane is perfect because it's light in weight, sturdy, and was available in different lengths. I'm a tall person and a 33.5" screen-accurate cane just isn't going to work for me. I got the 38" length, it's just right. (I'm 6'3" and Baron Attenborough was 5'7")

Awol007 sent me photos of various toppers and canes so I could take my pick. I really appreciate this kind of attention to the customer.

Here it is, sorry my shirt needs to be ironed. It seems miraculous to me how he can cast that delicate Crane Fly in resin and keep it intact.

5EPRy30.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the shout-out. Glad you like it.

Weight and strength is something I try to take into account when I make them. I know when I'm at a con I like to actually lean on mine so I want them to be strong. A lot of people want me to add a metal rod in it, but honestly I don't think it's necessary most of the time. Just makes them heavy. But I do make them with rods upon request mainly for people who want to use it as an every day cane.

But anyway, have fun at the convention.

It's funny how the insect pictured on the box is completely different than the one on the actual paperweight.

A 2D sticker is unacceptable.

The coolest thing about the cane is how you can turn it various ways and get different views of the insect. (Or insects! There's a tiny bonus one.)

UJCAbyZ.jpg

Last edited:
These are slightly cheaper now, anyone ever get one?

I own one of the screen used canes. Here are a few good photos of it.
woah. I just got the Paragon FX cane and I think I'm going to take a dremel and make some of those little dents that screen used has. You can see it really well on one of the last shots of the film

These are slightly cheaper now, anyone ever get one?

Ooh, yeah I got one of those, to compare to the Paragon FX and well, I don't think its worth $50. I do a quick comparison in this video

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back