Jurassic Park Amber Chunk? How to make or WTB?

Originally posted by czjxm7@Jan 11 2006, 11:53 AM
OK boys and girls, give me a day or so and I'll upload the pics from my camera. We've got one hell of a prototype for you guy's to look at. The amber chunk is not modeled after the screen used piece, more of an artistic license was used, but fantastic none the less. Slightly polised on one side, so that the frankenbug is visible. This thing is too cool.

Here's our prototype. What do you think?

amber.JPG

[snapback]1156080[/snapback]​

WOW. How did you ever do that without a seamline where the mosquito would be placed? Is that a real bug? lol

WOW. How did you ever do that without a seamline where the mosquito would be placed? Is that a real bug? lol

The trisck was to build the mold around the peaks of the master. And yes, it is a real bug.

That's looking mighty fine. Great update on this. :thumbsup I never thought about collecting JP props, but this may convince me to jump into that area now.

Bruce

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 25 2006, 02:14 AM
I'd be interested in this.

Would look great with my incoming raptor claw and JP brochure, and a future JP hard hat.

Berry
[snapback]1166805[/snapback]​
Throw in a cryo-can and you're well on the way to your own little biological disaster. :D

Originally posted by trekkieb47@Jan 24 2006, 12:14 PM
I'd be interested in this.

Would look great with my incoming raptor claw and JP brochure, and a future JP hard hat.

Berry
[snapback]1166805[/snapback]​

Wow. That's just wEIrD... I just got done sculpting a Raptor claw, and I'm painting a hardhat in my basement right now. :lol

Just an interesting FYI....

As I recall, I remember SS saying in an interview that the first amber chunk is a real one that they got from the Smithsonian...

Originally posted by DrStranglove@Jan 24 2006, 01:43 PM
Just an interesting FYI....

As I recall, I remember SS saying in an interview that the first amber chunk is a real one that they got from the Smithsonian...
[snapback]1166835[/snapback]​

Interesting. I guess with all of his contributions to the American History museum collection they owed him a favor. That's very cool.

Bruce

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back