Jumanji board game

barkhane

Hello,

I'm starting a project about THE jumanji board game. It is a long project and i will post here some information about the work in progress.

Most of people are begining the board game itself. But i decided to begin the tokens for many reasons :
- What is a jumanji game without their tokens ???
- Can i see to the end of this project if i can do not the tokens ?

So i decided to make the token with plastiline and i will mold them later.

So here are the first try of two of them. I need to make some accurate shapes

rhino.jpgcroco.jpg

see you later !

IMG_0208.JPG

The rhino will be difficult to add the "pock" marks. This is a actual picture taken from the DVD.
Notice the horn doesn't come to a sharp point.

IMG_0217.JPG

And I would say the alligator eye should be more elongated instead of round.
(another screen shot.)

Hello Jintosh ,
Thanks for commenting.
Indeed, tokens needs more details. It is just here a first try. I m working with screenshots too.
I m not sure that "pocks" marks of the rhino are so hard to do. We only need very accurate tools.
Perhaps some details will differ a little for creating my own token inspired by the jumanji game.
For example, I don't like the original rhino's horn. I prefer it with the sharp horn. Perhaps I will change it later.
now I 'm starting the monkey...

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Your making them the way you want. In that case, the horn is great.

Looks great so far. I'm working off a kit but also started with the tokens. I finished three and have the monkey left. For the rhino scarring a dremel with a fine drill worked good for me.

Keep updating, love these boards.

Malphas I think the monkey is the most difficult to do. Details of the hand and foot are difficult to render. I m working on it during this summer but the temperature is too high and I can not work my plastiline. The dremel is a good idea. I will think to use it later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello !

The first try of the elephant. It's not finished. I must add some more details

View attachment 359743
I decided to make different details. In fact, i don't really like the movie's token. In the movie, the token had not open ears. In my token i would make open ears for many reason :
- I find an elephant look wilder and stronger with open ears
- I decided to render horns more visible
- I wanted the elephant remember to "babar the elephant" of my childhood. ( I don't know if it's known in US or UK or other else country in the world. Its a little old....)

If you have advices for polishing my synthetic clay, it's welcome.

Don't hesitate to let comments. Thanks.

Yes, I read Babar when I was young. (USA) I believe there was even a season or two in animation.

Well Babar was originally French, so I'm sure it was well spread in Europe and probably worldwide too :)

Last edited:
Hello ! I'm back !
After a break i come back to my jumanji project.
I'm starting to cut the wood.
I use linden wood. It is a good wood for carving.decoupe.jpg

Next step shortly...

I must paste pieces of wood for the top and the board game.

Back