Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones) Armor/Sword/Scabbard costume and some advice needed

FPLeatherCo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

So here's what I worked on for Halloween. I got a pretty late start so didn't quite finish it up but have been adding a few details for next time.

This is Jorah's armor from season 3 and 4 after he upgrades from the plate armor he had been sporting since season 1.

24.jpg

IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0417.jpgIMG_0419.jpg

The chest plate and back with shoulder pauldrons are made from EVA foam with with vinyl and leather over top. The arm guards have a Kydex base and the "brass" details on the armor are also Kydex, though the sigil is craft foam.

IMG_0422.JPGIMG_0423.JPGIMG_0424.jpg

The sword is made from a plywood bass with the cross-guard a couple extra layers added on and shaped with a dremel. The pommel is sculpy and the hilt is a PVC pipe I heated and flattened out a bit then wrapped in leather vinyl and finally covered with the fabric wrap. The scabbard is two sheets of plywood stacked glued and then rounded over. I'm waiting to replace those gold studs with some real metal pieces I ordered - they also go around other parts of the belt.

My question on the scabbard is how to attach the feathers. I haven't found a good option that will adhere to the black vinyl which is real slippery.

I also haven't found a way to mold a piece for the tip of the scabbard. It's a weird compound curve shape. So any help on those things would be great.

cost.jpg

And all put together. Still working on the color scheme for the skirt and shirt as another part of the project. Thanks to everyone on the RPF for all the great info!

Re: Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones) Armor/Sword/Scabbard costume and some advice need

A FELLOW SER JORAH COSPLAYER!!!!!!!!

Here is my version I've been working on for New Orleans Comic Con. I finished it in time for Halloween.

974709_10101150552810220_771291074_n.jpg1455928_10204857852027416_6995171563142980532_n.jpg
10721249_10101130753907380_1027274958_n.jpg10752048_10101173029576600_1919004116_n.jpg

Re: Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones) Armor/Sword/Scabbard costume and some advice need

Nice job! This armour is on my to-do list. I'd love to have it done for Vancouver FanExpo in April, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nice! How'd you attach those feathers to the scabbard?

wow!! sword/scabbard look amazing...i have been trying to make my own version of this sword and armour but lack the knowledge to make one

i was hoping for some advice if that is ok with you?

Sorry for the delay in responding, haven't been on here in a long time. Anything you need just lemme know!!!

Plasauce

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back