Limited Run JOATRASH FX's Mandalorian Blaster Solid Walnut Grips

justinrowan

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone! With JOATRASH FX 's blessing, I'm doing a run of CNC'd walnut grips for his incredible blaster. If you haven't seen his project, you can check it out here, I think he has just a couple kits left. Run is obviously limited to the number of kits he made. :)

There are a couple options, so you can choose which fits your needs and budget. Unfinished grips will require light sanding to remove some remaining mill marks and dial in precise fitment to your frame, and the application of your choice of finish.

All prices are shipped to the US.
Add $15 for international shipping.
Pre-Orders paid before April 10th will receive a $15 discount, and will ship before the end of the month, as they're completed. Orders placed after April 10th will ship early May.

1. Unfinished grips, electronics-ready - $90 - These grips will have a pocket machined on the back side to accommodate electronics similar to the resin grips included with the kit. The pocket is slightly smaller and more shallow than the original grips to help maintain structure in the wood.
2. Unfinished grips, single-sided - $60 - These grips will not have a pocket machined on the back side to accommodate electronics in the grip.

Please comment with which option you'd like and whether you're international or US. If you have questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Pictures attached are grips I've done for other modelers' blasters. I don't have any finished pictures on this blaster, I'm assuming the ones I sent to JOATRASH FX are still in transit. Hopefully once he receives and installs them he can post up some finished pictures!

Committed Pre-Order (Before April 10)
1. Hatefrost - Option 2 US (PAID)
2. PhantomPickle - Option 1 US (PAID)
3. Kokanee - Option 2 Canada (PAID)
4. ikevin1138 - Option 2 US (PAID)
5. tennantlim - Option 2 Singapore (PAID)
6. masterjedi322 - Option 1 US (PAID)
7. Perducci8 - Option 1 US (PAID)
8. SUTT4869 - Option 2 US (PAID)
9. dao2 - Option 2 US (PAID)

Commited Order
1. jarradfx - Option 2 AUS (PAID)
2. ventuoguy - Option 2 US (PAID)

Run 2: Ship by 6/1
1. darkchylde80 - Option 2 UK (No response)
2. DinDjarin - Option 2 Japan (PAID)
3. zeroginc - Option 2 US (PAID)
4. Scarecrow Joe - Option 2 US (PAID)
5. m0ze - Option 2 US (PAID)
6. teragon - Option 2 Belgium (PAID)

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpg
    IMG_0831.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 265
  • Redz_Finished1.jpg
    Redz_Finished1.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 268
  • SWMandalorianPistol.jpeg
    SWMandalorianPistol.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 266
  • unfinished_redz.jpg
    unfinished_redz.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 259
  • jbreplicas.jpeg
    jbreplicas.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 150
  • joatrash.jpg
    joatrash.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I'm assuming the ones I sent to JOATRASH FX are still in transit. Hopefully once he receives and installs them he can post up some finished pictures!
Yeah, I haven't gotten them yet. Snailmail is the proper word for it at the moment. But as soon as they get there I'll see how they fit. (I don't have a painted blaster at the moment, though.)

Ran into some snags with printing labels last week, but got it resolved over the weekend and all the domestic pre-orders went out this morning. International orders will go out tomorrow or Wednesday, and then the remaining orders will go out Thursday.

ikevin1138 I'm glad they fit so well and arrived so quickly! I was a little nervous since the set I sent to JOATRASH FX over a month ago is still in transit, and I didn't have a kit of my own to test fitment. A little 320 grit sandpaper (sand with the grain!) will remove those fine mill marks and then finish will really bring out the depth and color!

The rest of the orders went out today! International folks expect at least a couple weeks, maybe more. US ones should hopefully arrive by Friday. I'd love to see pictures of everyone's finished builds, and I'm looking forward to offering more wooden parts to various other props.

JOATRASH FX over a month ago is still in transit,
Yeah, mail is completely bonkers at the moment. I'm still waiting, lol. Seems that some things arrive in normal time, others take 4X the time. (I'm currently waiting on something from the UK that would normally take 3 days... now going on 2+ weeks...)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back