JFcustom's FOAM files

Re: FOAM speed building files ►Iron Man MK1◄ added.

I will definitely be building a mk 1... I just have to finish a patriot and wanted to start a Robocop first :)

Re: FOAM speed building files ►Freedom & Landmate Gundams◄ in progress...

Mine are that size aswell and i used 3 sheets but also did chest and back twice.

oops! read your reply wrong, thought it said "mine are twice that size......" I ordered 6 sheets! lol

@N7: I'm using Plastazote from Thames Valley Supplies here in the UK, you'd need to find a similar supplier in your part of the US, I think someone else on here has done that already, can't remember who tho, sorry

- - - Updated - - -

be rude not too download it for later :D

Hey guys, are there any Mark V aka suitcase suit files out there? I apparently found something by Fatman but it's the ENTIRE suit in one file. x.x Confusing. I think it's foam but I just wanted to double check the scale and find a paper helmet since they tend to look better. Let me know by quote or PM please!

Hey guys, are there any Mark V aka suitcase suit files out there? I apparently found something by Fatman but it's the ENTIRE suit in one file. x.x Confusing. I think it's foam but I just wanted to double check the scale and find a paper helmet since they tend to look better. Let me know by quote or PM please!
You have Syrus54's one :) here : http://www.therpf.com/f24/syrus54-iron-man-mark-5-suitcase-suit-184488/

dude thanks a bunch for the mark 1 files that one is going to be awesome to build

Bit of an update I've finished the main sections of paint just some fine detail and small bits to add plus lights and boots but here is a photo of where I'm at with the Iron patriot :D bare in mind only held together by tape still so still looks a bit squiffy :D

Bit of an update I've finished the main sections of paint just some fine detail and small bits to add plus lights and boots but here is a photo of where I'm at with the Iron patriot :D bare in mind only held together by tape still so still looks a bit squiffy :D

[url]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t223/billymaya/002_zpsc1aceb91.jpg[/URL]

is this the Liquid Car Wrap? How you finding it?

Looks pretty good btw

BSD's Rex PhaseII - foam ufold JFcustom.rar

BSD modeled the HD helmet, the rest of the suit is game model based.
The whole thing only needs white boots, few guns, and a good old weathered paint job to look like the real one ;)

rexp2.jpg

you have done a great job Billymaya...

Thanks Dadpool :D

- - - Updated - - -

is this the Liquid Car Wrap? How you finding it?

Looks pretty good btw

Hey Mick yes its the liquid car wraps paint great stuff not exactly the right colour but will do :D might add a flexible gloss coat over the top at some points :D really flexible paint though and easy to work with so loving it for foam work and the guys over at liquid car wraps are awesome very helpful and kind

Thanks Dadpool :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Mick yes its the liquid car wraps paint great stuff not exactly the right colour but will do :D might add a flexible gloss coat over the top at some points :D really flexible paint though and easy to work with so loving it for foam work and the guys over at liquid car wraps are awesome very helpful and kind

did you need to seal the foam first with PVA?
Oh yeah, been really super helpful with all my questions etc, was gonna do an order from them shortly, just won't be as big as I'd planned, blown my budget a bit on other materials :rolleyes lol
still, got a nice new A3 printer waiting to be installed

Yeah that is the downside the cost its cheaper compared to plastidip and much easier to get hold of but I think ive spent more on paint than building the costume :S although saying that they have sent like 4 or 5 free cans since ive been ordering from them :D Not sure about the pva thing with plastidip you don't have to coat pva so I should imagine you shouldn't have to with liquid car wraps.

- - - Updated - - -

Is 1"4 foam thick enough for armor

I use 6mm foam with my builds spiderfan but I know some guys use thicker

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back