Jes Gistang inspired female stormtrooper armour

Finally getting back to this project yay! I've got a couple of suits to make and while they may not want this helmet its been good motivation to get it finished.

So back to the faceplate. I've adjusted the cheek scoops a little to make the mouth a bit more angular, tidied up the form a bit (still some to do) and done a test pull. Overall I like the look of the faceplate so far. I think it's going to be a good overall size and eliminate the bobble head effect :) BUT without looking too much like a small helmet. Wait does that even make sense?

Next up I'm going to shorten the cheek scoops a bit they don't quite work with the overlap on the bucket and don't leave enough room for the ears. I've got a mock up of the bucket ready; it's basically a thinner version of the standard bucket but I think it'll work out well. I've got to move the rear traps around the side a bit but I'm hoping it will be pretty straight forward

only one WIP pic at the mo' more to follow:

hey all another wip just getting the bucket into shape. I'm going to put a curve in the rear of the bucket, move the rear traps around a bit, take a bit off the top and maybe the front

more pics soonish

hey all another wip just getting the bucket into shape. I'm going to put a curve in the rear of the bucket, move the rear traps around a bit, take a bit off the top and maybe the front

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a549/jhonpog/female stormtrooper/20151229_104344_zpsphi06fz4.jpg

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a549/jhonpog/female stormtrooper/20151229_104333_zpshtpndfna.jpg

more pics soonish

The shape of the dome looks pretty squarish at the top, like a franken lid, maybe round it of more, and as it's a female set, the smaller size isn't bad.

The shape of the dome looks pretty squarish at the top, like a franken lid, maybe round it of more, and as it's a female set, the smaller size isn't bad.

Agreed! Yes especially at the back needs to come down a bit and round off more. I'm going to take a bit off the front as well and shift the traps. I've test fit a mock up it felt pretty small I think it will work well. Thanks dday!

What are the odds of getting this to fit someone about 5'4" and 100 pounds?

So that's 1.64 meters and 45 kg? I'd say the odds are pretty good! Just lots of trimming around the arms and legs. The waist is quite corsetty so should be fine. It's all the body shape really; if the wearer has a long torso there's enough plastic to cover and if they have a shorter torso there's loads of places you can trim off excess. same with the chest plate a bit of trimming or heat bending does the trick :)

Good to hear! Do you have a rough ETA on the helmet? I'd love to see the whole set completed

eek! Hopefullly in the next couple of weeks I'll have a mock up. I'm going to send one up to my mate to build and see what my she thinks I'd like to see a complete one too!

Well, I've got two projects I'm powering through at the moment, hopefully the helmet will be done when I've got the time/space to tackle this in a month or so. I'd never been tempted to do a stormtrooper before I saw this, but your work has made me do a complete 180 :)

Well, I've got two projects I'm powering through at the moment, hopefully the helmet will be done when I've got the time/space to tackle this in a month or so. I'd never been tempted to do a stormtrooper before I saw this, but your work has made me do a complete 180 :)

wow thanks RT! Good on you with the power through the projects I can never get enough time to make all the stuff I want! I'm sure that's not a new thing around here :)

Hey all so I have finally finished the helmet and bucket and have begun to pull a few test pieces. Here are some crappy WIPS of the helmet as it stands. From left to right is my first faceplate, a modified white faceplate with smaller teardrops, a slightly overcooked faceplate that I broke getting off the form, a black faceplate with a modified lower jaw so the damned thing will come off, a final white faceplate. Also a bucket which I think is going to work out well. I need to actually make one now to see what it looks like!

The good black one is going to my mate who will build it up and tell me what she thinks about it. You can see on the bucket it needs a fair bit of trimming to make it fit better but the size is the thing with these buckets. Too big = bobble head.

I've had a couple of orders for these suits now which is great. They are still very much in the early days/ prototype stage and I anticipate making small changes as I get more feedback.

I'll post pics of complete helmet soon ish

ok so I finally have a finished helmet to show. Overall I'm happy with how it came out, the size is good it goes together pretty well and still looks 'stormtroopery'.

As a recap the ep 3 clone helmet style scoops were inspired by Spacebobs bucket and also the Jes statue. It allowed me to shrink the helmet a lot but keep the size tubes a decent size. The back of the bucket is still a bit franken-bucket which I've altered in the sculpt. In hind sight I think I would have repositioned the faceplate a bit lower to get a slightly flatter angle but there you go :)

So I'm keen to know what people think of it. Stormtrooper enough? :) Next step is to put together with a full suit

Last edited:
I think it looks very stormtroopery, and is a great rendition of the helmet.

I think you've got a great case for nice trooper costumes for ladies looking for a great trooper who aren't looking for the femboobie trooper, and would like to not look like all the other troopers. Well done man!

I think it looks very stormtroopery, and is a great rendition of the helmet.

I think you've got a great case for nice trooper costumes for ladies looking for a great trooper who aren't looking for the femboobie trooper, and would like to not look like all the other troopers. Well done man!

Cheers Dday most appreciated and thanks for all your feedback through this thread. My mate is making a black version of the helmet so we should see what it looks like on her soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what that would look like with a white undersuit?

at first this made me laugh but it would look pretty cool! Or maybe a gunmetal undersuit?

Looking good. Nice job as usual.

Cheers Panaflex! Looking back at spacebobs helmet it got me thinking whether I needed to scoop out those cheeks a bit more but I think it's a good middle ground between his bucket and a tk. It still looks a lot like a tk from most angles so I think mission accomplished :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back