Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade DISPLAY VIDEO

Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade *EL STRAP** Pg.3

I think I saw that one a while back and it had a strange intro lol. Looking good, I really like the strap you have there. Mine is probably a bit too thick if I'm being honest. The leather doubles up but it allows me to get in there to change the wiring very easily if one happens to come loose. Hardly noticeable really and as they're my dailies I'm not too fussed.

Can anybody tell me where to get JUST the Leather strap with the plastic piece? Thats the only part I need. LoL if anybody knows please just PM me. Thanks

Holy holy holy I can't believe my eyes this has to be.Nike LoL if you will be doing a run count me in ill pay whatever cost as long as its not nikes price ha ha let us know if you will be doing one lots of people will want In and order that's for sure.

I finally got some time to install the second pair's LED's. Now to make the second white strap and logo. Then paint the turquoise splatter...

I have seen conversions that people have done recently and I have noticed that a lot of the time, the Yellow and Green LED's on the ankle don't even show up in the pics and that the Red color is extremely dominant. I believe the reason for that people are using the wrong LED's. When I was working on my NIKE conversions I realized that I had the wrong type of LED's, so I tracked down the correct versions that are brilliant and even colored...

Dsc04283.jpg

Dsc04257.jpg

Dsc04262.jpg

Dsc04264.jpg

Dsc04261.jpg

Here is a comparison of the OLD LED's and the NEW LED's. You can see very clearly that the right shoe has a definite Green-Yellow-Red transition and the left show has a Yellowish-Red glow (barely a transition at all but NO green can be seen). Even look at the reflection on the desk. You see a HUGE difference there.

Comp1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Jedifyfe's Wearable NIKE MAG Upgrade LED's COMPARISON

Looks superb! You can see the definate separation of colour with mine in real life but not much so on pics. I also want to keep 3 LEDs rather than 9 as my batteries last forever so I don't have to think about charge on a night out. Another reason I won't go to 9 LEDs is out of pure lazyness as I've spent enough time on these damn Mags and I've got another project now :-D

Glad you've stuck with it Brad, can't wait to see you wear reviewing them.

Looks superb! You can see the definate separation of colour with mine in real life but not much so on pics.

Another reason I won't go to 9 LEDs is out of pure lazyness as I've spent enough time on these damn Mags and I've got another project now :-D

Glad you've stuck with it Brad, can't wait to see you wear reviewing them.

Thanks Luke.

Yeah installing the 12 LED's is not as hard once you get started. It's just soldering them all together and making sure they are evenly spaced apart that is time consuming but the end result is well worth it.

These shoes will be going to FunkyJedi. I am doing the conversion work as part of a trade and it's been a great learning experience for my own pair...:love

Thanks Luke.

Yeah installing the 12 LED's is not as hard once you get started. It's just soldering them all together and making sure they are evenly spaced apart that is time consuming but the end result is well worth it.

These shoes will be going to FunkyJedi. I am doing the conversion work as part of a trade and it's been a great learning experience for my own pair...:love

LOL! Why do I keep saying 9 LEDs? I've even got a bloody pair :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Brad, I'm actually considering wearing these to my son's wedding! :lol
They look...well...every time I see them it brings a tear to my eye.

Brad, I'm actually considering wearing these to my son's wedding! :lol
They look...well...every time I see them it brings a tear to my eye.

LOL! As long as you are holding a hoverboard, you'll look normal.

Looking GREAT! They've really come along from the Mark Poon base - your attention to detail is staggering!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back