Jedi Belt Pouches 3D printed

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

janglesworthy

Hey Guys, I'm starting this thread to show off some Episode 1 belt pouches I made for some statues I'm working on and decided to take them off and do some prints at real world scale. I'm going to have to make an educated guess on actual hights. I'm debating maybe putting them up on Etsy as digital downloads or doing some batch prints of them later in the month.

Right now I'm just tightening up the curves and plane changes, trying to give it that look of something cast in resin vs perfect crisp clean lines and edges. The hard part is getting good orthographic reference, and no one is making these from original molds anymore so its a lot of flickr(i've gone through all of flickr now) searching and frame by framing through the movies. I want them to look like the originals not super clean cg versions.

If anyone has any pictures not on posted on flickr or padawans guide, I would love to see them, or if you know some real world height measurements.

here is the ep1 tall pouch
jTP.jpg

Here is a super shiny shader preview so you can better get a sense of the specular highlights
jTPspec.jpg
Here is the breather pouch
jBP.jpg
Here is the breather pouch with a shader to show off specular high lights

jBPspec.jpg
Later in the month I'll post some resin print pics.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

janglesworthy

I did a test print of the large pouch to see how edges/undercuts looked like at scale. Something went wrong with the print on the bottom section I think I had too much suction force from not enough drain holes. Anyways here are some pics of it w/o any sanding

Comparison with museum replica small pouch
DSC_0005.JPG tp1.jpg tp2.jpg tp3.jpg tp4.jpg

Last edited:

janglesworthy

Here is a test print of the wide pouch. Still running into an issue with banding on the initials layers. I'll have try again after I print the small pouch and new tall pouch. The small pouch in the pictures is the museum replicas small pouch not mine, it's just there for scale comparison.

DSC_0007.jpg DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0003.jpg DSC_0006.jpg DSC_0005.jpg DSC_0010.jpg

janglesworthy

Just finished first print of the small pouch, still need to sand it a little. Here are some pics of it with the wide pouch for comparison. Now I have to reprint the tall pouch make a few tweaks to the others and they will be done.

DSC_0005_01.jpg DSC_0006_01.jpg DSC_0007_01.jpg DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0009.jpg DSC_0010_01.jpg

Last edited:

janglesworthy

Made final changes to the small pouch and reprinted. I cleaned up the side panels made them straighter, tweaked the flap and widened the ribs. This one is now finished and ready for production. While I wait for more resin I'm doing the final tweaks on the wide and tall pouch.

DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0008.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG