Jedi Belt Pouches Resin kits

janglesworthy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
* I updated the name of the thread because they are no longer a 3D printing project, but a kit project now.

Hey Guys, I'm starting this thread to show off some Episode 1 belt pouches I made for some statues I'm working on and decided to take them off and do some prints at real world scale. I'm going to have to make an educated guess on actual hights. I'm debating maybe putting them up on Etsy as digital downloads or doing some batch prints of them later in the month.

Right now I'm just tightening up the curves and plane changes, trying to give it that look of something cast in resin vs perfect crisp clean lines and edges. The hard part is getting good orthographic reference, and no one is making these from original molds anymore so its a lot of flickr(i've gone through all of flickr now) searching and frame by framing through the movies. I want them to look like the originals not super clean cg versions.

If anyone has any pictures not on posted on flickr or padawans guide, I would love to see them, or if you know some real world height measurements.

here is the ep1 tall pouch
jTP.jpg

Here is a super shiny shader preview so you can better get a sense of the specular highlights
jTPspec.jpg
Here is the breather pouch
jBP.jpg
Here is the breather pouch with a shader to show off specular high lights

jBPspec.jpg
Later in the month I'll post some resin print pics.

Last edited:
I did a test print of the large pouch to see how edges/undercuts looked like at scale. Something went wrong with the print on the bottom section I think I had too much suction force from not enough drain holes. Anyways here are some pics of it w/o any sanding

Comparison with museum replica small pouch
DSC_0005.JPGtp1.jpgtp2.jpgtp3.jpgtp4.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a test print of the wide pouch. Still running into an issue with banding on the initials layers. I'll have try again after I print the small pouch and new tall pouch. The small pouch in the pictures is the museum replicas small pouch not mine, it's just there for scale comparison.

DSC_0007.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0006.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0010.jpg

Just finished first print of the small pouch, still need to sand it a little. Here are some pics of it with the wide pouch for comparison. Now I have to reprint the tall pouch make a few tweaks to the others and they will be done.

DSC_0005_01.jpgDSC_0006_01.jpgDSC_0007_01.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010_01.jpg

Last edited:
Made final changes to the small pouch and reprinted. I cleaned up the side panels made them straighter, tweaked the flap and widened the ribs. This one is now finished and ready for production. While I wait for more resin I'm doing the final tweaks on the wide and tall pouch.

DSC_0007.JPGDSC_0008.JPGDSC_0010.JPGDSC_0011.JPGDSC_0012.JPGDSC_0013.JPGDSC_0014.JPG

* I updated the name of the thread because they are no longer a 3D printing project, but a kit project now.

Finished the tall pouch. Here are some pics of the complete set using a kids belt to pose them with. Should give you an idea of scale.

DSC_0035.JPGDSC_0034.JPGDSC_0025.JPGDSC_0024.JPGDSC_0018.JPG

Last edited:
thanks man, no I'm not going to do clips. I'm leaving that up to the buyer. If you want EP1 accuracy then you need covertec clips, if you want ep2/3 accuracy then its metal clips painted over to blend in with the pouches. I'm also not painting them, just blank resin kits.

Here are the pouches and OWK TPM saber kit at 1/6 scale. I printed these on an epax X1-N-DJ 2k color. The saber was printed at .05 Layer height and represents the lowest quality print of it at 1/6 scale. The pouches were printed at 0.25 layer height. The true purpose of these pouches were for my 1/6 scale statues and grew into a life size project.The saber was also modeled by me. There is some left over resin I missed cleaning up so they look a little dirty.
DSC_0039.JPGDSC_0037.JPG

These are wonderful! I'm glad you are offering a kit later, I'm attempting to make a small pouch now but as I don't know how to model, it's been a struggle.

I have a question for you guys, would it make a difference to you if these were plastic vs resin? How would that effect the final painted look?

Last edited:
I have a question for you guys, would it make a difference to you if these were plastic vs resin? How would that effect the final painted look?
If your talking plastic print vs resin print, then resin has better surface finish, but I don’t know about robustness, I have a fdm set but I’d like to buy yours if you did a resin run.

I'm over the plastic idea and moved back to resin. I'm waiting on one more quote and if it's good then I'm pulling the trigger. I'll have these in blank resin kits that are around 3mm to 4mm thick so they will be nice a light.

If all the quotes are too high, then I'm buying 4 more 3d printers and just doing small runs at a time. Either way I'm figuring this all out in the next week.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back