JAMES DEAN DIED 56 years ago today

joker-scar

Sept. 30 1955...shortly before 6 pm Dean was decapitated on the road to Salinas heading to a race he entered his Porche Spider. :cry
His 3 films are somewhat dated in many regards except for his acting....when he comes on screen, you can't take your eyes off him, he has an energy. :thumbsup
Live fast, die young...leave a good looking corpse. :cool

Last edited:
Really sad. I definitely enjoy watching Rebel Without a Cause.

"Don't worry... That guy's gotta see us." - James Dean's last words.

he wasnt decapitated.

According to the postmortem, it is believed that Dean's head struck the front grill of the other car. This impact and the accompanying crash resulted in Dean suffering a broken neck, plus multiple fractures of the jaw, arms and legs, as well as massive internal injuries. He is believed to have died around 10 minutes after the crash upon examination in the ambulance. For years, it was rumored that Sanford Roth, Dean's photographer friend riding with Hickman in the Ford Country Squire as it followed the Porsche, took photos of Dean trapped in the wrecked car, dead or dying. Such photos never surfaced in public.

Man that car of his, if ever there were a Cursed Item ala Warehouse 13, that POS qualifies. The death toll and injury count surrounding it gives me the chills.

The Curse of James Dean's Porsche

Since it has disappeared, I'm hoping Artie, and company have it well under lock and key.

Man that car of his, if ever there were a Cursed Item ala Warehouse 13, that POS qualifies. The death toll and injury count surrounding it gives me the chills.

The Curse of James Dean's Porsche

Since it has disappeared, I'm hoping Artie, and company have it well under lock and key.

Actually, it turns out that most of the deaths that were discussed in the "Curse of Little B-----d" (I had to censor it, since the censor filter wouldn't allow it) isn't really true and had no relation to the car. In the universe of Warehouse 13, it'd fit. I actually feature the wreck in a screenplay I'm working on (an adaptation of a short story I did at FSU), in which the wreck come close to killing the lead character of the story (since, according to legend, the last place the car was seen was in Florida. Makes sense that somehow, the car would end up in a small town junkyard somewhere).

Last edited:
I was a big fan until heard he had relation's with Hudson and Clift,

ive nothing against his personal life but it kind of ruined the whole macho image i liked about Dean in the begining.

He was bisexaul and macho.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a big fan until heard he had relation's with Hudson and Clift,

ive nothing against his personal life but it kind of ruined the whole macho image i liked about Dean in the begining.

I knew he was Bi for years but I've never read or heard anything that he had "relationships" with those actors.
He hated Hudson because of his wooden acting and Hudson hated him because of Deans "method" acting stunts around the set. As far as Clift was concearned, Dean idolized him but Clift kept changing his NYC phone number because this "kid" kept calling him up and bugging him to meet because he was his biggest fan and that he was going to be as great as an actor as he was.
he did have an affair with a "producer" and his room mate Bill Bast. those are for certain....

Well it is also worth noting that just after Elizabeth Taylor died, that an important occurrence regarding Dean was revealed. Apparently Dean had confided to her that he had been molested by a priest while growing up, and made her swear to not tell a soul about it. Years later Taylor then told someone close to her, her biographer I believe, and asked them to not reveal the information until after she had passed away.

Dean was a remarkable actor, and sadly his life was cut short. If that information that Taylor revealed about him was in fact true, it would sure go a long way into explaining the very disfunctional life that he led.

I think it is silly to fuss over this guy so many years later who didnt do anything that many other people havent done

Chris

Well the same could be said of a lot of people, but the fact of the matter is, he did stand out, and there's nothing wrong with making note of it. : )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew he was Bi for years but I've never read or heard anything that he had "relationships" with those actors.
He hated Hudson because of his wooden acting and Hudson hated him because of Deans "method" acting stunts around the set. As far as Clift was concearned, Dean idolized him but Clift kept changing his NYC phone number because this "kid" kept calling him up and bugging him to meet because he was his biggest fan and that he was going to be as great as an actor as he was.
he did have an affair with a "producer" and his room mate Bill Bast. those are for certain....

Their Affair supposedly happened pre Giant, it is only when they shared a house together while filming Giant, that Hudson became resentful toward Dean and the affair soured between them.
Hudson felt the younger actor was stealing his screen prowess.

Never watched his films (seriously,never) but what I remember was Granddad shipped his body back east from Monterey or Salinas CA via train,Granddad was a train master and the only guy they trusted to get it right so they brought him up from Lompoc to handle it.

He told me this when I was younger,something about Dean came up on TV,may have been his death anniversary in the mid 80's,and he pretty much said he gave two craps about the punk and his films but he does remember getting the coffin on the train and that was the most he cared to know.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back