James Bond 50 years auction details are up online

The Prop Stop

Sr Member
James Bond Christies 50 years auction blows my mind…and yours will be too! | the propstop's world of entertainment memorabilia

Update: Christie’s & EON Productions “50 Years of James Bond – The Auction” : The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

Fine Art Auction | Search Results | Christie's

This is just one of the most amazing collection of stuff I have seen for a long time. Until now the “Lost” auction was really one of the more killer collections to see, but with just 50 items from its diverse history Christies and Eon made my mouth hit the floor over and over again. To see items that I thought would never leave there collection come into the public realm is totally amazing…more so having seen these pieces time and time again come up in public displays seemingly out of reach!

What is so amazing is the quality and breadth of the items. Sadly…and here is the kicker….because the auction is for charity and Christies is handling it in the current uplift of movie collectibles in the market….I see nobody who reads these pages being able to afford the items.

The reserves and estimates are so low, that sadly to think they will sell for these prices is a bit of an insult to the community. I would buy the whole collection for the prices they claim these will sell at…and they won’t. Some of this stuff will go x50 the asking price.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinderimages/D56025/moonraker_d5602502h.jpg

I *SERIOUSLY* doubt that those prices are anywhere near accurate. Looking at things there's a few there that I might actually bid on but I highly doubt I'll get anything.

Lots of very un-interesting stuff for some pretty high prices.

The Solex from TMWTGG is interesting.

Tag from the Lotus would be cool, maybe Columbo's cufflinks.

The rest is kind of .....meh.

I tend to agree. The catalog, though well made, is more style than substance. I would think that EON would have more material (duplicates, stunts, etc) that would be offered. And most of the artwork appears to be copies. Has any original Ken Adam artworkever come up for auction?

Gene

Is this the first official Bond auction? Kind of surprised to see basically one item/group per film. At least from the older Bond movies. Still a lot of good stuff for someone with a lot of money. One of the actual DBS cars from the Quantum of Solace opening. Daniel Craig's swim trunks. Only 1 of 2. Some wealthy woman will go for these like I would go for Honey Rider or Domino's bikini.

Jim I wish you luck...but as others have said this is going to be a very high profile auction with probably some of the deepest pockets out there....James Bond collectors pay big bucks

case in point $220,000 for a watch fairly recently.

Plus this
James Bond Aston Martin sold at auction for £2.6m | Film | The Guardian

this
James Bond gun sells for £277250 | IndiaNews

Thanks Mark, but the more I think about it the more I realize luck has nothing to do with it ;). It all depends on how high bidders are willing to bid.

Maybe I will get an item or two, maybe not. Either way, it's for charity so it's all good :thumbsup.

The YOLT Ninja set is neat and I'd pay for anything that was actually used in Goldfinger.

The Thunderball door panels are nice too and very rare.

Not that I'd pay what they'll go for but I wouldn't call them uninteresting.

I liked the Skyfall cufflinks.....

If they were sold at a reasonable price (50 dollars or so) I'd buy those I suspect....Sadly, since they're movie items I'm out...But several hundred...But if someone was to copy them, I'd probably bite....

Did you guys see the "Indy whip" too? I've checked with David Morgan, and it's not one of his...At all...So who made it? They claim it's a Raiders whip used by Harrison Ford, but it's clearly not...Not at all...

I sent Christies a message asking what provenance they had..But so far no reply...I was hoping to find out more..It's an interesting whip..For sure..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back