IT HAS BEGUN!!! (and is nearly finished)

Mannowar

Sr Member
Ok... I've been talking about doing this for a while now, so I finally started laying some clay a couple nights ago. I'm building him from the bottom up so I can keep accurate symmetry on everything. Someone suggested that I build him with dims along the lines of DB's P1, since many bios fit that mask very well, so I've got my DB sitting right beside my work table for dimension reference. It will likely be about 1/2" narrower than the DB once cast, as I feel the DB that I have is just a hair to wide for my liking, so I'll sculpt it to roughly the same dims as the DB casting that I have and the shrinkage when I cast it should make it just about right. I know he's still in the baby stages right now, but I feel like he's coming along nicely and wanted to share. I'll start building up the crown and forehead tonight and hopefully be detailing him by next week sometime. Hope you like him!

Looking good, those of you that can sculpt have a real talent, wish i had it but my fat fingers wont allow my brain to do what it wants :) I look forward to seeing some progress pics, iv always liked the closed jaw look of the pred.

Oh sweet,looking foward to this Scott......all of your other stuff are materpieces.Keep us updated....great sculpt.

"IT HAS BEGUN"? A flair for the dramatic, I see.
Symmetry looks great Scott, I would just lift the convergence of the brow over the nasal cavity a little bit.

I know many of us have been waiting on you to finally make a mask...... knowing how good your previous work is I know this will be AWESOME once finished. Great move Scott. Keep the pics comming!!!!!!! Cesar

Thanks for all the comments! Here's the latest... He's starting to look more like a pred tonight than he did last night. Adjusted the brow a bit and added the shape to the head. The photos help me see some minor tweaks I need to make as well, before starting to detail, so I'll make those adjustments over the weekend and hopefully start detailing on the weekend too. This has actually gone quite a bit quicker than I expected... 3 evenings, probably about 15 hours at this point. Anyway, hope you like it and I'll add more as the progress continues.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back