Is this a recast harrison ford?

frosty

Sr Member
Well i found this going through lifecasts on ebay, it reminds me of a sculpt i saw on here a while back, opologies if its not.
i don't know how to post a link but here is the item number
I assume its ok to post this if it regards recasting as it is a live auction.

<div class='quotetop'>(frosty @ Jun 10 2006, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1259537[/snapback]</div>
Well i found this going through lifecasts on ebay, it reminds me of a sculpt i saw on here a while back, opologies if its not.
i don't know how to post a link but here is the item number
I assume its ok to post this if it regards recasting as it is a live auction.
[/b]

im not sure but i have seen this item sold before.

I think it is off the Howard Han solo sculpt, theres pics of it in the sci-fi section on his website.

there is also the arnold/terminator face floating around too, which looks to be cast from Howards sculpt aswell.

Thanks for the link, yeah i thought i had seen it before, he is also selling a robocop cast, pretty nice but i wonder if that is a recast also?

i think he used to be a member here (ages ago) till he got banned. i think it might have been for recasting.

was it kre-8fx or something?

To the best of my knowledge there has never been a true lifemask of Harrison Ford available on ebay or elsewhere. You see the ones recast from some of the more popular fan made sculpts and recasts of the Han/Carb face. I've kept an eye out for one for years and keep hoping I've overlooked an authentic one. :(

kre8-fx (Pete?) is still a member in good standing and one hell of a craftsman. I think he hails from Canada. IIRC he put together a hand sculpt foam dragon costume that was incredible. I see him post occassionally in the modeling forums.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ Jun 11 2006, 03:55 AM) [snapback]1259904[/snapback]</div>
To the best of my knowledge there has never been a true lifemask of Harrison Ford available on ebay or elsewhere. You see the ones recast from some of the more popular fan made sculpts and recasts of the Han/Carb face. I've kept an eye out for one for years and keep hoping I've overlooked an authentic one. :(

kre8-fx (Pete?) is still a member in good standing and one hell of a craftsman. I think he hails from Canada. IIRC he put together a hand sculpt foam dragon costume that was incredible. I see him post occassionally in the modeling forums.
[/b]

no its not pete, the 2 had very similar forum names though.

he has had several ebay names and i think a seperate account as well.

im sure he was booted over recasting a cking indy bust. saying he wanted to get back some of the money he forked out or something like that,

someone must remember who he was???????

YES. The Harrison Ford lifemask is a recast of the lifesize head that I commissioned a few years ago. It was originally sculpted by Joy and Tom Studios in Florida. This ebay user has recast the head and removed all the detail in an attempt to disguise the origins.

The Peter Weller Robocop head is also a recast. I know the person who sculpted it and it was originally commissioned by Bruce H (here in the UK) to compliment his Robocop suits.

I hate this sort of crap but unfortunately, there's no way to stop it. That's why I got out of the lifesize head commissioning game.

Chris

Again a reminder to people dropping names when it comes to recasting...don't use a name unless you are sure.
I can assure you that Pete has not EVER recast a Ford bust, or any other bust.
Scott

<div class='quotetop'>(falken108 @ Jun 11 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1260121[/snapback]</div>
Again a reminder to people dropping names when it comes to recasting...don't use a name unless you are sure.
I can assure you that Pete has not EVER recast a Ford bust, or any other bust.
Scott
[/b]

i didnt say he did.

jedirick, it was fx-8 i remember now

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back