Is the High Republic stuff worth getting into?

I got the impression it was something disney dictated....'we want you to do this' and that they told LFL to coordinate it. That impression is from articles and write-ups. It never sounded to me like something LFL came up with on their own and simply ran with it, but I suppose anything is possible.

And I remember the announcement with the photo janglesworthy is referring to. Gave the impression at the time that this was their story group for the event on day 1. Definitely an eye-rolling inducing moment.
No, that’s exactly what I meant - something that came from on high - Chapek or whoever, down to Kennedy. “This is what you are going to do with the Star Wars IP. Figure it out.”

In other words, nothing was going to start as a third-party concept with the Story Group then tweaking things to fall within a canon continuity. Conceptually, everything was going to come from Disney/LFL.

I got the impression it was something disney dictated....'we want you to do this' and that they told LFL to coordinate it. That impression is from articles and write-ups. It never sounded to me like something LFL came up with on their own and simply ran with it, but I suppose anything is possible.

And I remember the announcement with the photo janglesworthy is referring to. Gave the impression at the time that this was their story group for the event on day 1. Definitely an eye-rolling inducing moment.
It could be a combination of both. Disney directed LFL to come up with a setting/idea to span across all media, LFL then came up with the idea of The High Republic in answer to the request by Disney.

I was wondering, though - given that the Jedi have been around for thousands of years, does it seem weird that they were at their pinnacle 200 years ago, and by the time we hit the PT, their numbers are waning, they're kind of arrogant and out of touch with the galaxy, and no one has the wherewithal to spot a Sith Lord right in front of them?

It seems like a really rapid decline, relatively speaking. Do they touch on this at all?
Not explicitly, but there are a few references to the Jedi being overconfident and arrogant. There are also a few hints at the Dark Side and a looming danger, but nothing speaking specifically to their rapid decline.

Sean

Not explicitly, but there are a few references to the Jedi being overconfident and arrogant. There are also a few hints at the Dark Side and a looming danger, but nothing speaking specifically to their rapid decline.

Sean
Thanks. I wonder if they are planning to bring Darth Tenebrous back into canon, as he could be kicking around during this timeframe.

In SWTOR, he was gone well before that which is well before the High Republic timeline. That's the only reference to him i've ever seen.

In SWTOR, he was gone well before that which is well before the High Republic timeline. That's the only reference to him i've ever seen.
Darth Tenebrous was the Bith master of Darth Plagueis.

Or are you thinking of Tenebrae who became Darth Vitiate and, later on, both the Sith Emperor and Valkorion?

Darth Tenebrous was the Bith master of Darth Plagueis.

Or are you thinking of Tenebrae who became Darth Vitiate and, later on, both the Sith Emperor and Valkorion?
Yep, that'd be it.

Seems someone screwed up the naming IMO. I mean, why not add a Palpatone, Mawl, and Tyranical while you're at it. ;)

Yep, that'd be it.

Seems someone screwed up the naming IMO. I mean, why not add a Palpatone, Mawl, and Tyranical while you're at it. ;)

I guess after 4,000 years of spotty record-keeping, some names were bound to be recycled.

Which sounds better than “the Story Group missed the overlap between BioWare and Del Rey.”

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back