is New Hasbro Imperial Gunner accurate?

SPY007

Has anyone seen this upcoming figure from the Toy Fair coverage? Did the Imperial gunners just have a black storm trooper chest plates? I tassumed the Kenner POTF2 Imperial gunner from the 90's was correct. Any one have pics of real or accurate fan made costume? THANKS

Imperial Gunners are rumoured to have used 3 types of front armour.

1, Black Sandtrooper Pauldron worn down the chest
2, Leather jacket
3, Armour similar to TIE Pilot.

Most 501st guys opt for the cheaper Pauldron look, as to me it seems the most accurate.

As a matter of fact, myself & the missus put in our Gunner applications to the UK Garrison & 501st last week, and were cleared with no probs at all.

Here's a pic of me, to give you an idea.

4-picture3.jpg

HTH.

Originally posted by TK/TB6540@Feb 14 2006, 09:28 PM
Imperial Gunners are rumoured to have used 3 types of front armour.

1, Black Sandtrooper Pauldron worn down the chest
I had no idea that the Imperial Gunners used the Black Sandtrooper Pauldron as a chest piece. Oh, what filmmakers will do to stretch their production dollars. :p

But seriously, that's great information. And your picture illustrates it very well. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

{EDIT} Helmet looks awesome, too. What was the source?

Originally posted by temponaut@Feb 14 2006, 02:12 PM
I had no idea that the Imperial Gunners used the Black Sandtrooper Pauldron as a chest piece.  Oh, what filmmakers will do to stretch their production dollars.  :p

But seriously, that's great information.  And your picture illustrates it very well.  Thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup

Cheers dude.

The Pauldron was originally BMX chest armour which they used over the shoulder for the Sandtrooper....... correct way round for the Gunner though.

:)

Originally posted by TK/TB6540@Feb 15 2006, 03:22 AM
The Pauldron was originally BMX chest armour which they used over the shoulder for the Sandtrooper....... correct way round for the Gunner though.
Really? I didn't know that, either. :$

I really like your bucket. I'm especially impressed by the size. Most others I've seen are clearly too small. ("Size matters." :p)

The finish on the helmet looks very sharp, too... at least, as far as I can tell from that shot.

Nice. :eek

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back