Is it possible?

not really sure why you want to skip an easy step. Sculpting the head is waaaay harder then making a stone mold. Trust me ..its not that hard to do ..then you can pull multiple masks

ya ..well nothing wrong with thinking outside the box ..but in this case you are trying to pull a "positive" from a "positive" ..it doesnt really work that way

Theoretically you could, but it would be a thin no detail piece to start with. This would work if you were doing small things like wounds and appliances but for a mask you really need to mold it.

It can be done, just don't expect to get a lot of detail out of it. If you're not planning on working very much into the sculpt and you just need the basic shapes, then it works.

yes that works (y) but as the ohers already said, it will have no details to it other than the basic shape. but if u add alot to it, paint it and add quills and such - it can look like a pretty awesome budget mask.

heres a guy who is awesome when it comes to costumes, check it out if u want to do a latex mask:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EQRgJex_u8

good luck

He has the right idea in sculpting wise but when it comes to wearing it after the latexing process the mask looks like a tight fit to his head which seems to distort the mask.

I would sculpt it, mould it and pull it fella.

He has the right idea in sculpting wise but when it comes to wearing it after the latexing process the mask looks like a tight fit to his head which seems to distort the mask.

I would sculpt it, mould it and pull it fella.

i agree, he made it a bit small, but i dont see why it can't turn out good if u make it bigger.
i also think molding it would be best, but each to his own (y)

i agree, he made it a bit small, but i dont see why it can't turn out good if u make it bigger.
i also think molding it would be best, but each to his own

I agree, but I think just as PTGreek has posted, if you don't make a mould of the sculpt 'only the underside of the latex will capture the detail' meaning that the finest detail would be lost with the more layers of latex you add (sorry just using to highlight a point PTGreek). So if you make a mould of the sculpt the outside of the latex would capture all the sculpted detail (y) .

I agree, but I think just as PTGreek has posted, if you don't make a mould of the sculpt 'only the underside of the latex will capture the detail' meaning that the finest detail would be lost with the more layers of latex you add (sorry just using to highlight a point PTGreek). So if you make a mould of the sculpt the outside of the latex would capture all the sculpted detail (y) .

then we all agree life is good lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back