Is it Nautiluses or Nautili?

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Quick picture, used the flash to highlight the color differences. I will take better pics later tonight.

attachment.php

Captain Nemo's Nautilus from Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Front to back...

Halmark Ornament
Disney 50th Anniversary
Master Replicas
eFX

I'd skirt it by saying nautilus submarines or nautilus replicas. But I'm a wuss like that.

Awesome pic and a great collection.

That's a lot of money too! I love a good Nautilus and boy do you have the jackpot :)

Man, I wish I had gotten one of the 50th Anniversary subs when I had the chance to pre-order one.

Do you have one of the X-Plus models?

DCHLJNaut_01.jpg

Here's the bridge of my 5' Nautilus (one of these years...):

DCHLJNaut_02.jpg

Excellent collection, sir! I'm looking forward to more pictures--I'm especially curious to see the finish on the 5 footer in more detail.

Last edited:
I just don’t have a steady enough hand for that type of model building, but very nice all the same. Sure would look very nice at my place.

That's a lot of money too! I love a good Nautilus and boy do you have the jackpot :)

Man, I wish I had gotten one of the 50th Anniversary subs when I had the chance to pre-order one.

Do you have one of the X-Plus models?

Excellent collection, sir! I'm looking forward to more pictures--I'm especially curious to see the finish on the 5 footer in more detail.
At 15" that would fit nicely between the ornament and the 50th Anniversary. :)

Here is another pic, I'll get to the closeups tomorrow.

attachment.php

Wowwww.....really, really impressive !!!! I love the paintjob which shows all the amazing amount of details of the sub......a great and rare piece, congrats on having one :love

Nautili...

Nice Pic's. How cool.:love

:angry I want one.

........I can afford a little Hallmark Nautilus, I think.

Last edited:
the efx nautilus's paintjob is really top notch, it really captures the look of the 11 footer. I prefer the color over the MR one for sure.

Even though its the smallest (besides the ornament)...?

Yeah, I will concede that there is a dose of "collectoritis" in my desire to knab one of the 50th Anniversary models, mixed with a bit of regret for not getting in on something that has turned out to be quite the collectible, when I had the chance (story of my life). However, I'm also intrigued by its subtle differences to the Key/Small models that have been the standard for so long.

I think it was a combination of size and price that lead me to avoid it in the first place in favor of the larger MR boat.

Here are some more pics... the color is very hard to nail down correctly because it changes somewhat dramatically depending on lighting, shadows, and angles (without professional equipment of course :)).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am Admin over at the NautilusSubmarine.com site, and we have agreed that the proper plural term is Nautili. "Nautiluses" is far too many letters!

http//:index

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back