Is do3d really this terrible?

I just purchased the Iron Man mark 85 files from do3d. I am using Armorsmith Designer. There is absolutely no way do3d designed this to be wearable. I understand I'm shorter and stockier. (Not fat, I have a 33-34 inch waist, a 44 inch chest, standing at 5'8").

In order to make this armor wearable, I'd have to transform it so it looks like complete trash. There is no way this was meant to fit on anything other than a mannequin. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I just waste $100?

The design off of the references provided around the Internet. Their files are totally wearable but your body type might throw off the proportions in certain areas.

I just purchased the Iron Man mark 85 files from do3d. I am using Armorsmith Designer. There is absolutely no way do3d designed this to be wearable. I understand I'm shorter and stockier. (Not fat, I have a 33-34 inch waist, a 44 inch chest, standing at 5'8").

In order to make this armor wearable, I'd have to transform it so it looks like complete trash. There is no way this was meant to fit on anything other than a mannequin. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I just waste $100?

I'll tell you my story. I have bought 2 helmets from them. One was captain America and the other was Bane from the dark knight rises. The shape of the head they modeled is different than my own which made the helmet look a little goofy on me (large gaps where there shouldn't be).

Here is their model sized to hit my head front to back and side to side:

1597943835523.png
1597943854671.png

It just doesn't fit perfect and there is nothing to change that once it is a .stl file. Also, Do3D models are so super high definition that my computer was having a tough time working with it.

In the end, I made my own 3D bane mask (albeit not as detailed) and was much happier with the fit and look as I was able to hug the shape of my head:

1597943962686.png
1597944002283.png

The ultimate answer is, it's impossible to make one file fit all.

For your situation, Iron-man has to be the hardest armor to wear in my opinion. You need flexibility and movement in order to function and Iron-man doesn't look like it has much.

Did you waste $100? I don't think so. There are parts that you can certainly use and some that you feel are *****.

Assuming you can re-size your model one separate axes as well as all together, I say re-size the worst parts right between the proportion you are looking for and your actual physical size and cut out the parts that would dig into your body.

Any exposed under-suit, you make floating pieces of armor or just make fabric detail so that it blends.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back