Mark 46 DO3D build need some help

BobbyB

Hey guys trying to pint out the parts using the DO3D files and am having trouble. I have a creality 10sv2 printer and I am trying to cut the parts so they will fit my print bed. I am using meshmixer to slice and cura to print them. The problem I am having is when I go to do a plane cut on say the shin, when I go to separate the part it turns into twenty other parts. Has anybody else ran into this? If so what do you do to fix this. I have other files that I bought off Etsy from max craft and they cut just fine. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Would like to try and get armor done before Halloween and go trick or treating with my daughter. I do have the helmet printed out and getting ready to finish it.

Attachments

• IMG_2357.JPG
    IMG_2357.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2358.JPG
    IMG_2358.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
hi, i run into this in meshmixer as well

this is what i do,
after separating in half, just group all the pieces in the object browser that make up each half, (hold ctrl and click all that apply)
and then hit combine,
you may have to do this again for subsequent cuts

the helmet looks great by the way, (y)

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there was a better solution. Where is the combine tab located at? I can’t say I have seen it under the edit tab. What’s weird about it is that the file starts as a single shell then splits into 20 or 30 pieces. I hope the armor turns out half as nice as lot of people’s here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back