Is anyone doing the TIE fighter pilot from episode 7?

themacalu

Talking about this guy

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 7.03.31 AM.png

Very tempting. But I have just about zero of the skills to make a proper helmet and hard armor, so I'd probably wait for someone to do a run of them, (or Anovos if they decide to make them.)

I really dig this design. It's mine and my sons favorite from the trailer. I'm sure Anovos will do one.

Ben

Yeah, he's one of my favs too! I LOVE that he also sports a variation of the "Widow's Tears" paint scheme seen on one of the pilots from the OT.

I'm sure someone will be making the costume sooner or later but right now there just aren't enough references. We see less than half of the helmet and hardly anything else so it would be hard to start working on it, unless someone just starts sculpting the front of the helmet. But I would definitely be interested in the armor, that's for sure.

I'm wondering why there are two hose ports on the helmet when only one is connected to anything. Sorry, but I'm someone who likes symmetry. (Perhaps we'll find out when the movie is released that the other is an exhaust port).

TazMan2000

I'm wondering why there are two hose ports on the helmet when only one is connected to anything. Sorry, but I'm someone who likes symmetry. (Perhaps we'll find out when the movie is released that the other is an exhaust port).

TazMan2000

Uh for right and left handed people? Seriously though can you imagine a TIE Pilot that had OCD with only one hose connected? That would drive them nuts.

Uh for right and left handed people? Seriously though can you imagine a TIE Pilot that had OCD with only one hose connected? That would drive them nuts.

I have OCD and it's my favorite helmet from the new film so there:p

on a serious note though I'm sure there will be an explanation soon. I'm so glad Anovos will be doing these and I hope they have true lineage to the original. It's the only way for me. :)

Ben

I've been watching the tie pilot part over and over and I'm not certain that they are red "tears" yet. Looks like a reflection, I swear they move slightly as his head shakes.

TazMan2000

Like Sluis Van said, for left or right handed people, current generation O2 masks for military pilots are like that in where the air hose attaches to either the left or right side of the helmet. The same goes with the current US military issue gas masks, where as the old style had two filters, one on either cheek, the new ones have just one filter that you attach to either the right or the left.

Like Sluis Van said, for left or right handed people, current generation O2 masks for military pilots are like that in where the air hose attaches to either the left or right side of the helmet. The same goes with the current US military issue gas masks, where as the old style had two filters, one on either cheek, the new ones have just one filter that you attach to either the right or the left.

While I agree with the gas mask cannisters being able to be screwed into the left or right hand side, because that was due to assist soldiers that were left eye dominant in firing their weapons off their left shoulder, I've never seen a pilot O2 mask as being selectable as to what side the hose goes on. A pilot's seat harness is pretty standard for each aircraft and its the aircraft's design that dictates where the 02 mask hose goes, just like the G-suit. But like I said, we'll find out what the reason is when the movie is released.

TazMan2000

- - - Updated - - -

If you like symmetry, you are in trouble with this movie...

Yeah. Don't I know it. While I do like some of the new imperial designs, I'm not loving them. I'm hoping the story goes beyond the appearance of the technology.

TazMan20000

While I agree with the gas mask cannisters being able to be screwed into the left or right hand side, because that was due to assist soldiers that were left eye dominant in firing their weapons off their left shoulder, I've never seen a pilot O2 mask as being selectable as to what side the hose goes on. A pilot's seat harness is pretty standard for each aircraft and its the aircraft's design that dictates where the 02 mask hose goes, just like the G-suit. But like I said, we'll find out what the reason is when the movie is released.

I stand corrected on the O2 masks, it only looks like they can switch sides because the air hose no longer connects in the center of the masks.

I stand corrected on the O2 masks, it only looks like they can switch sides because the air hose no longer connects in the center of the masks.

You may be partially correct. The masks may be configurable with different hose configurations, microphones, valves or other accessories, but I would think it would have to be done on a lab bench.

TazMan2000

I know these are just pics of the new Hasbro toy, but here are some good shots of the First Order TIE pilot figure from SDCC that may be able to help with costuming:

SDCC2015-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-030.jpgSDCC2015-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-043.jpgSDCC2015-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-047.jpgSDCC2015-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-050.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back