Ironman Helmet hinge with Video Demo

no worries.. hinges worked as far in to types of IM helmet like a charm...going to be looking at 3rd helmet if it works as well....

I will soon plunge to get the servo and go from there..:cool

@7sinzz, with servos it's servo>controller, which there is a program to control the servo programmed to the controller to tell it which way to go, how far to go, etc. From the controller you have a switch or two for on/off, etc, then you also have the battery pack that connects to the controller board as well.

I have zero programming ability so does that mean motorised faceplate is out of my reach? It's all so daunting.

...I could probably (just about) wire the stuff up if schematics were available, or a tutorial by someone. Maybe one of you guys would do an in depth a video tutorial? I'm sure you would get thousands of hits.

Please excuse the double post, still learning tapatalk.

Edit: just found out how to edit!

naa pretty simple not really got into it yet:

push button,switch opens let go closes. does about a 45°

I'm a little late to this thread but I have to say, this is amazing. Major props for sharing everything you do. I feel the same way, what good is the knowledge if you don't share it?
I hope I can set mine up half as good as this! Well done.

I'm a little late to this thread but I have to say, this is amazing. Major props for sharing everything you do. I feel the same way, what good is the knowledge if you don't share it?
I hope I can set mine up half as good as this! Well done.

Thank you I looked and looked and could not find a one... So I attemped to do some didnt come out so bad...

I offer hinges to any one that wants to try they worked in a few helmets as far, videos are up to see them work...

Details on getting a set? Definitely would like to try them, did you try to articulate the jaw? Do you have a plan for a servo controller? I saw Hyperdyne has a board for the face/jaw with a led eye control.

Mockle did you ever release templates for this? Sorry if this is deemed as lazy. I've been through the thread and couldn't find anything but it was my first time using tapatalk so maybe I missed something.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back