Iron Man Undersuit?

GRINCH

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wondering if all the IM's can post pics of there undersuits? I want to see how the space in the legs are done. I remember TMP was going to make a B.A.S.E. suit, but sadly that never made it to production.

Or compression suit, morph suit (without a head), even a wet suit - just some ideas.

Yeah I know what suit to get, I'm wanting to see what the IM builders did about the leg gap in the back & shoulders. I remember reading a thread about this but I can't find it.

Thank you! This helps alot. No IM builders with pics?

You're welcome. I can't say I've actually seen any builds with pics though. Just think of the caveman who invented the wheel. He didn't have any pics to go by. It's all just trial and error with some thinking in between :)

I have thought about using the same dye-sub method that some of the Spider-Man costumers are using. That way you can alternate between the red and gold undersuit. Sewing additional panels of different colored fabric is a great idea and looks great on the kids suit!

I also thought about using some piping in red, gold and silver to look like wiring and servos. The key is to have some sewing skills or better yet to have a wife with sewing skills!

This is one of the areas that most builders skimp out on and after a long build are just too tired to sink that much detail into that part of the costume. Hopefully we can pool our knowledge and get an undersuit worthy of some of the outstanding armors out there!

I thought this might help inspire everyone...

Iron-Man-2-Undersuit.jpg

A friend of mine and I started doing puff painted under suits.

They aren't movie accurate in what they look like, but they give that machine look to underneath a suit.

We are making them pretty intricate, to give the suit that complete feel to it.

We are looking for interest right now in making a few for people who are interested :)

Attachments

• undersuit5.JPG
    undersuit5.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 612
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back